News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton City Centre Mall (Renovations) | ?m | 2s | LaSalle Investment Management

I can see two towers on top of the CBC east end and, for some reason, I envisioned black and white motive. For the west side, I could see 5 or 6 skinny towers there
, but 5 towers looking the same would be too much, so break it up to the ratio of 3:2 .

This is replacing Hamilton's dead Downtown mall... could it been the plans for ECC?

bo9FLRy.jpg

Who is in charge of the Hamilton mall?

I would love to see something similar proposed for ECC.

I do wonder sometimes what is the ultimate plan with the mall. New owners with deep pockets is a great sign, but I wonder what do they have planned here? I think its days as just a retail mall are close to over and that the long term vision will be a mix of some retail, food, entertainment and residences. It would take a LOT of money, but something that could really rejuvenate the centre of downtown.

If I were a betting man, I'd put $10 on Red 23 that we will hear an announcement for the inclusion of 2-3 towers in their west-wing redevelopment plans.
I just hope that whatever happens, we can keep the movie theatre. I'll be sad if there will be no more movie options downtown someday.

I think condo construction at City Centre Mall could be a lower priority with buildings like Tower 101 on hold.

I guess it all depends on the route they choose to go down and what would the timeline would look like. If condos were to go up here and be less expensive then what's being offered at the Ice District, then they may be more likely to take a chance and go down a mixed-use concept rather than purely a rental one.

Reactions: God
This is replacing Hamilton's dead Downtown mall... could it been the plans for ECC?

bo9FLRy.jpg
Interesting. However, I don't think that will happen here. Hamilton is a very different city than Edmonton, with not a lot of high rise apartment condo's, but some demand. We actually have a quite a bit more already and at this point the demand is more limited.

Also, I believe there were severe restrictions put on Hamilton's outward growth by the city, but the province there recently changed that, so I am not sure if that will affect this.

Back