News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton City Centre Mall (Renovations) | ?m | 2s | LaSalle Investment Management

Not to mention the millions of sq ft being proposed, positioned and developed.

Agreed. It is disappointing that I need to go all the way to Saskatoon if I want to watch Avatar 2 in IMAX 3D HFR since the older IMAX projector at WEM doesn't support that format.

All the more reason why we need a new cineplex in our downtown core (including the latest & greatest tech) in the SE corner of 101 St/104 Ave or in ICE District Phase 2.
I know there is a movie theatre in ECC but how about an IMAX theatre in the new cineplex?

seeing as how the 4th dimension is time...what the heck is 4D cinema? did you mean 4K digital resolution?

Basically, seats move, snow/rain pours if it’s on screen, wind blows at you and sometimes there’s smell, lights flash if there’s an explosion or lightning. It can be really well done with some movies. I watched the new Top Gun in 4D at WEM and the first avatar a few months back and Avatar was cool but I felt like I was inside Top Gun. WEM has older tech when it comes to this but it’s still done well.

What is your source for that? Edmonton's downtown office vacancy is 22%, second to only Calgary's (32%) with Toronto's at 11.4% compared to the national average at 16% as per the Q3 CBRE Canada Office Figures report. Even if you are looking at the market as a whole and not just the downtown market, Toronto's is not even close to approaching Edmonton's vacancy rate.
I saw 14% a few days ago for Toronto, I think it was the Globe and Mail, but I don't recall exactly where. It is going up quickly.

What is your source for that? Edmonton's downtown office vacancy is 22%, second to only Calgary's (32%) with Toronto's at 11.4% compared to the national average at 16% as per the Q3 CBRE Canada Office Figures report. Even if you are looking at the market as a whole and not just the downtown market, Toronto's is not even close to approaching Edmonton's vacancy rate.
Here is the answer to that - yes not 14%, but close to that and actually a bit higher at 15%.

AF5AE6C1-B75C-4DB3-8AEB-FB1CB27D6735.jpeg

Ilahui has locations in Southgate and Kingsway.
The gaming store and the pop-up shop in ECC east are still around.
T. Kettle still hasn't opened yet when I walked by yesterday. What the hell is taking them so long?

Has the TD exterior entrance opened yet?

Anyone hear of any plans or timeframes for the proposal for the west mall section?
Office gossip (so this is like, 3rd hand information, but it would explain some stuff) is that the firm selected to do the design for that work (Gensler, from what i've heard) has not impressed the client much. If ECC is already unhappy with the concept, it'll be a while before anything concrete comes forward.

Back