March has thrown the world a curveball with the COVID-19 outbreak and the social and physical distancing required to fend it off. Despite all of that, proposals continue to move through the pipeline and many construction projects are continuing for now. We round up SkyriseEdmonton's most popular stories, project Databases, and Forum threads of March 2020.
Our Top Ten News Stories
1. Historical Richards Block on Whyte to be Revitalized
News that another historical building on Whyte Avenue in Old Strathcona is set to undergo revitalization work excited our readers in March. The project will also see new presence added to the adjoining laneways through new doors and windows.
Rounding out the top three are a new modest but attractive commercial building proposal for Jasper Avenue, and a bit of a sneak peek inside Capital.
2. Curvy Commercial Building Proposed for Jasper & 114 Street
3. Photos: Sneak Peak Inside Capital as Crane Comes Down
4. Coronation Community Recreation Centre Coming Soon
5. CNIB Excavation Reaching Bottom
6. Throwback Thursday: WSP Place Transformation
7. 25-Unit Residential Project Proposed for Westmount
9. Excavation Begins on Holyrood Gardens
10. Excavation of Westrich Pacific's The View Nearing Bottom
Our Top Ten Database Files
1. Encore Tower
Though construction is nearing the end for Edmonton's new tallest residential tower, it remains our most popular Database file, followed by Maclab's two-tower proposal for The Garneau and ICE District Block BG which is restarting construction this month.
4. Stationlands Residential Towers
6. The Quarters Hotel and Residences
7. Glenora Park
10. Holyrood Gardens Redevelopment
Our Top Ten Forum Threads
Readers seem to be flocking to the Forum thread for this exciting project, as the deep excavation appears to have bottomed out this month, meaning the only way to go from here is up. Meanwhile, speculation abounds as to whether or not the first of two Falcon towers will debut, and - of course - watching the finishing touches get put on Encore Tower.
3. Encore Tower
5. The Quarters Hotel and Residences
6. Glenora Park
10. Edmonton Miscellaneous Projects
We hope that you have enjoyed this recap of our top news stories, Database files, and Forum threads for March. We hope that it will encourage you to continue exploring some of the amazing projects coming up and underway in our city, and to join our Forum to continue the conversations with our like-minded community!