News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

The Edmonton Elks - CFL

The Edmonton Elks have signed quarterback Khalil Tate, the team announced June 27. Tate, who has also played with the Toronto Argonauts and the Philadelphia Eagles, previously signed with the Elks in March 2023 before being released in May. The team’s next game is June 30 in Ottawa against the Redblacks.
-Taproot

How long before Chris Jones is turfed? I realize the coach is often just the fall guy, but personally I never understood why Edmonton brought him back in the first place.

How long before Chris Jones is turfed? I realize the coach is often just the fall guy, but personally I never understood why Edmonton brought him back in the first place.

I'm thinking it's because the Elks' last Grey Cup was won with Chris Jones as head coach.

No shot they fire him they're capped out to the point they got Jones doing 3 things (HC, DC, and GM). Until Maas and Elizondos numbers come off the books, this team is stuck, and we could be seeing this type of product for another 2 years. Absolute disaster The CFL needs to loosen up the cap rules against management and coaching or just abolish it.

No shot they fire him they're capped out to the point they got Jones doing 3 things (HC, DC, and GM). Until Maas and Elizondos numbers come off the books, this team is stuck, and we could be seeing this type of product for another 2 years. Absolute disaster The CFL needs to loosen up the cap rules against management and coaching or just abolish it.
Actually Jones' contracts are one year deals so he could be fired at the end of this year without extra penalty. But that's just awful for the remaining Elks fans as we have to put ourselves through this crap for the rest of the year.

And 100% agreed on the stupid coaching and management cap. Our old team president, Len Rhodes, was the pioneer of that brain dead idea. That guy not only started the decline of this organization but he's hamstrung CFL teams with that idiotic rule.

EDIT: They did an interview with team president Victor Cui after the game last night. He confirmed its a 4 year deal, not a one year deal for four years. We're in trouble. Jones needs to step down from his GM job and focus on coaching solely.

Last edited:
Actually Jones' contracts are one year deals so he could be fired at the end of this year without extra penalty. But that's just awful for the remaining Elks fans as we have to put ourselves through this crap for the rest of the year.

And 100% agreed on the stupid coaching and management cap. Our old team president, Len Rhodes, was the pioneer of that brain dead idea. That guy not only started the decline of this organization but he's hamstrung CFL teams with that idiotic rule.

EDIT: They did an interview with team president Victor Cui after the game last night. He confirmed its a 4 year deal, not a one year deal for four years. We're in trouble. Jones needs to step down from his GM job and focus on coaching solely.
Yeah not looking good, the only decent thing about tanking this year is nathen rourkes little brother will be eligible for the draft and from what ive heard he is really good, drafting him and having him hit would solve some problems

Again, I don't know where to begin...

I'd be fired for this performance, you would be too.

When do heads roll?

^
right from the opening kick off… whose bright idea was it to surrender field position to start the game?

then they spent most of the rest of the game play calling with “that hasn’t worked all game [all year?], let’s try it again”.

Back