News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

The Edmonton Elks - CFL

L.L rocks the bells baby! He looked and sounded awesome.

Fun game so far, but man Elks, fundamentals my friends.

Cornelius is not great, but there must have been 5-7 key dropped balls and marginal protection. Hard to do much without options or support. That said, they should have thrown in our backup for the 4th to change things up.

What I don't get is our choice of D with only 3 up front for nearly the entire game. Adams Jr. looked real good, but he also has all the time in the world.

Our secondary coverage was poor and our entire team looked confused at times; the body language and the player's eyes said it all.

Jones better be sweating.

^
that three man front held the lions to 9 points in the first half, 6 of them late in the first half and they only gave up one touchdown in the entire game.

total offence 426 yards for bc and 149 for the elks (i can’t find time of possession)…

this one was all on the [complete lack of] offence.

It was the first time since Aug. 15, 1976, that the team (ELKS) failed to score any points against an opponent. “Any time you don’t score points in the CFL game, it’s certainly concerning,” said head coach Chris Jones.

IMG_7707.jpeg

it’s a good thing they’re football champs - they wouldn’t get very far in a spelling bee… :)

The Edmonton Elks announced on June 26 that they have released quarterback Kai Locksley following the team’s loss to the Toronto Argonauts on June 25. Locksley played in the first three games of the season for the Elks, but was pulled after he fumbled on his first play in the game against the Argonauts.
-Taproot
I didn't see this but after that fumble, he wasn't standing with the team anymore and was standing off to where the players who aren't dressed stand during the game. Have a feeling it was more that reason why he was released.

Back