News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Introduce Yourself

Hi Everyone,

I am a long-time lurker here and prior on Connect2Edm. I am a late twenty-something Oliver resident and a lifelong Edmontonian. I grew up in the 90s suburban SW of the city, and have since lived in Belgravia and now Oliver since 2018. I completed a BCom in Finance at the U of A and have since worked in the financial services industry. I am passionate about urban design, architecture, effective transit and park spaces, and improving Edmonton's social and economic opportunities as our city grows. One of my hobbies is amateur photography so I'll try to contribute some updates this spring once I get the hang of my 10-20mm lens.

Look forward to discussing with you all!

JC

Hello Everyone,
I've posted a few times but did not take the time to introduce myself. New to Edmonton since January last year, before I lived in Texas, Ontario, Montreal, and a few cities in Mexico.

I work on a field not at all related to architecture or urban planning but it is something that I find very interesting, specially watching cities morph and evolve overtime. I am going through all the building threads and really enjoying how well documented their are from the initial proposals, zoning permits, change of ownerships, construction, etc.

I am passionate about simple, modern architecture and I am fortunate to have some great architects as friends why pointed me out to great literature resources to educate myself a bit. I look forward to keep exploring the city and to see more great spaces being created.

Thanks for all your contributions, I am very glad I found this forum.

Hi Everyone,

I am a long-time lurker here and prior on Connect2Edm. I am a late twenty-something Oliver resident and a lifelong Edmontonian. I grew up in the 90s suburban SW of the city, and have since lived in Belgravia and now Oliver since 2018. I completed a BCom in Finance at the U of A and have since worked in the financial services industry. I am passionate about urban design, architecture, effective transit and park spaces, and improving Edmonton's social and economic opportunities as our city grows. One of my hobbies is amateur photography so I'll try to contribute some updates this spring once I get the hang of my 10-20mm lens.

Look forward to discussing with you all!

JC
Welcome to the forum and to the, apparently, not so small Oliver resident community here!

Hello Everyone,
I've posted a few times but did not take the time to introduce myself. New to Edmonton since January last year, before I lived in Texas, Ontario, Montreal, and a few cities in Mexico.

I work on a field not at all related to architecture or urban planning but it is something that I find very interesting, specially watching cities morph and evolve overtime. I am going through all the building threads and really enjoying how well documented their are from the initial proposals, zoning permits, change of ownerships, construction, etc.

I am passionate about simple, modern architecture and I am fortunate to have some great architects as friends why pointed me out to great literature resources to educate myself a bit. I look forward to keep exploring the city and to see more great spaces being created.

Thanks for all your contributions, I am very glad I found this forum.
Welcome to the forum and to Edmonton!

Hello all.

I just registered a couple of days ago and thought I'd introduce myself.

I was born here in Edmonton, and have lived in the area all my life. I think I've been fortunate to experience living in different places; acreage, small town, downtown, and suburban Edmonton.

My wife and I moved into our house here in Cumberland in 2010. No kids, one cat.

I've lurked here for a bit. I used to follow C2E and post there occasionally. I find city development and transportation interesting and like to be informed as to what is going on and possible future developments.

I've done a few different things in my life; owned a small business for a few years, worked for a wholesaler in various functions, sales and warehouse mostly, and most recently working with my brother doing small home repairs and renovations.

Hello all.

I just registered a couple of days ago and thought I'd introduce myself.

I was born here in Edmonton, and have lived in the area all my life. I think I've been fortunate to experience living in different places; acreage, small town, downtown, and suburban Edmonton.

My wife and I moved into our house here in Cumberland in 2010. No kids, one cat.

I've lurked here for a bit. I used to follow C2E and post there occasionally. I find city development and transportation interesting and like to be informed as to what is going on and possible future developments.

I've done a few different things in my life; owned a small business for a few years, worked for a wholesaler in various functions, sales and warehouse mostly, and most recently working with my brother doing small home repairs and renovations.
Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing your contributions!

Hi everyone! New joiner here. Currently have been living in Grande Prairie for about 10 years now, but will be moving to Edmonton in a few months. We are frequent visitors to Edmonton as there is not much going on here, so I am luckily pretty familiar with the city. I am originally from Seoul, and have lived in Toronto and Calgary before moving here. Looking forward to joining the community this summer!

Last edited:
@adky_ Thanks for joining the forum! And good luck with the big move 😄

Hi everyone! New joiner here. Currently have been living in Grande Prairie for about 10 years now, but will be moving to Edmonton in a few months. We are frequent visitors to Edmonton as there is not much going on here, so I am luckily pretty familiar with the city. I am originally from Seoul, and have lived in Toronto and Calgary before moving here. Looking forward to joining the community this summer!
Welcome! Hope you enjoy your time here, and good luck!

Hey all. Now that life has settled back down, I have time to properly introduce myself. Grew up just outside of Edmonton, and studied at the U of A, before moving away after graduation. Lived in Vancouver, where I worked on the Sea to Sky and Highway 1/ Port Mann Bridge expansion projects, then back to Calgary to build a power plant, before burning out on large infrastructure projects and following my (future) wife back to Edmonton for school.

My time in Vancouver definitely was what switched me from a car-minded suburbanite to an interest in urban living, although I have always been an appreciator of good architectural design. This clearly rubbed off on my wife as she ended up going back and getting a Masters of Urban Planning. She graduates today, and as of this post, we are officially residents of Blatchford, where we hope to help shape the community as it forms and grows.

Hey all. Now that life has settled back down, I have time to properly introduce myself. Grew up just outside of Edmonton, and studied at the U of A, before moving away after graduation. Lived in Vancouver, where I worked on the Sea to Sky and Highway 1/ Port Mann Bridge expansion projects, then back to Calgary to build a power plant, before burning out on large infrastructure projects and following my (future) wife back to Edmonton for school.

My time in Vancouver definitely was what switched me from a car-minded suburbanite to an interest in urban living, although I have always been an appreciator of good architectural design. This clearly rubbed off on my wife as she ended up going back and getting a Masters of Urban Planning. She graduates today, and as of this post, we are officially residents of Blatchford, where we hope to help shape the community as it forms and grows.
Welcome to the forum, it's great to have you here! Congratulations to your wife as well, a masters degree is quite an accomplishment.

How are you finding life in Blatchford so far? Is it starting to feel like an actual residential community yet, despite the ongoing construction? I've been following it for years now – since before the airport closed – so I'm really excited that folks like you have moved in now.

Back