News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Gentleperson's Bets

Not a big one by any stretch, but I know EA/Bioware is still interested in moving downtown. I understand they have an option for a "very interesting" space in one of Oxford's properties; they're certainly not nearly large enough to anchor any new development though. And again, the likelihood of any new Class A is basically nil until the space left behind by Enbridge and CoE are backfilled or taken off the market.

Bump getting close to Canada Day now.

Stantec is working on floor plate 26; JW is working on floor plate 27 from the Stantec thread... Oooh I am close!!!

Bump getting close to Canada Day now.

Stantec is working on floor plate 26; JW is working on floor plate 27 from the Stantec thread... Oooh I am close!!!
I suspect we were all off on Tower B. I think it will be between you and @archited on the towers though.

Agreed... I don't see them reaching grade even by the end of the month lol. Didn't someone say a sub floor level though?

Both buildings working on floor 26 -- by Canada day should be on floor 27 for each. @Das Ponto is going to win Marriott. Stantec will be split equidistant between my vote and @Das Ponto but, I'll concede closer to @Das Ponto. All of us were way off on the Greyhound tower and Podium. If @Hillman is correct vis-a-vis the announcement for the property north of Rogers for June 27th, then a couple of us guessed right on that.

Happy Canada Day indeed! Tad delayed.

Anyone get fireworks photos? I was busy doing house stuff, you know hanging mirrors, building fences etc lol

Which is a shame, I had fun shooting them in Calgary last year.

My friend being truly Canadian

13528442_10154333506977679_6016356754405170601_o.jpg

13580454_10154333507197679_5418499624114691626_o.jpg

13603759_10154333507597679_8750470730087051986_o.jpg

Not a big one by any stretch, but I know EA/Bioware is still interested in moving downtown. I understand they have an option for a "very interesting" space in one of Oxford's properties; they're certainly not nearly large enough to anchor any new development though. And again, the likelihood of any new Class A is basically nil until the space left behind by Enbridge and CoE are backfilled or taken off the market.

vinesh pratap‏ @vineshpratap
BREAKING @GlobalEdmonton "BIOWARE MOVING TO DOWNTOWN EDMONTON Local Video Game Developer Coming to EPCOR Tower" #yeg #yegdt

@westcoastjos It was neat when they were in that office above Chapters on Whyte, but yeah, it was pretty crappy when they moved to their current office by the Whitemud.

Even more awkward is a lot of folks that work there moved to south Edmonton to be closer to the office. It will be a bit of an adjustment for a lot of them, but the Valley Line should help a bit, and being downtown in general will be so much better in the long run.

@westcoastjos It was neat when they were in that office above Chapters on Whyte, but yeah, it was pretty crappy when they moved to their current office by the Whitemud.

Even more awkward is a lot of folks that work there moved to south Edmonton to be closer to the office. It will be a bit of an adjustment for a lot of them, but the Valley Line should help a bit, and being downtown in general will be so much better in the long run.
I never even knew that they were on Whyte. That would be a good spot. When I first moved here, I had an interview with a web development company that was above Starbucks. Didn't get it, but would've been a nice spot to work.

The offices looked like a rumpus room when I was on site. I just remember talking with one of the owners. they were late getting a release out and he was getting death threats.

Back