News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Flair Airlines General Discussion and Updates

Flair seems to have been able to take advantage of the aviation slowdown to get good prices on its aircraft:
I wonder how good a deal it was money wise ... and whether Boeing solicited bids quietly from bigger Boeing customers and 777 Partners just pounced on it.

Flair strikes back with $50m lawsuit

Flair Airlines has filed a $50-million lawsuit against several plane-leasing companies over what it claims were unlawful seizures of four of its aircraft over the weekend.

If I didn’t see it for my own eyes I would have sworn it was a hoax. Prince George airport this morning
050C32CA-CE2F-4CDF-B67E-9F2DB6DA9E63.png
EC8B9677-3764-4354-A224-5B49CF104501.jpeg

I actually thought they had a base at YYC already or at least one had been telegraphed for quite a while.

So Flair is putting a base and hangar there or are they already existing? If not existing, why wouldn't they build that infrastructure at YEG instead?

So Flair is putting a base and hangar there or are they already existing? If not existing, why wouldn't they build that infrastructure at YEG instead?

Going to have a hangar, three aircraft and open some new routes from yyc to Vegas, Phoenix and PV, Mexico.

This is Flair's 7th base like this across Canada.

Going to have a hangar, three aircraft and open some new routes from yyc to Vegas, Phoenix and PV, Mexico.

This is Flair's 7th base like this across Canada.

Some fighting words from the CEO here: https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/not-eve...n-canada-s-crowded-market-flair-ceo-1.1915023

'“I think there will be churn. I don’t think every airline is going to succeed and grow," said Jones in an interview."

I do think opening a base at YYC is a good thing for our hometown airline to grow, as it will put pressure on WestJet's Canadian routes from there as mentioned in the article. As long as they keep YEG/Edmonton as their HQ and main base, I am happy.

Back