News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Flair Airlines General Discussion and Updates

Today, Flair starts multiple US routes, this is a big growth day for them

https://storage.googleapis.com/flyf...S_Routes_Calgary_Press_Release_83f1cc23e3.pdf

U.S. Routes Starting Service:
December 15
• Montreal – Fort Lauderdale (YUL-FLL)
• Vancouver – Las Vegas (YVR-LAS)

December 16
• Abbotsford – Las Vegas (YXX-LAS)
• Calgary – Las Vegas (YYC-AZA)
• Edmonton - Las Vegas (YEG-LAS)
• Edmonton - Hollywood-Burbank (YEG-BUR)
• Kitchener-Waterloo – Fort Lauderdale (YKF-FLL)
• Montreal – Orlando (YUL-SFB)

December 17
• Calgary – Phoenix (YYC-AZA)
• Edmonton - Phoenix (YEG-AZA)
• Edmonton - Palm Springs (YEG-PSP)
• Halifax – Orlando (YHZ-SFB)
• Ottawa – Orlando (YOW-SFB)
• Kitchener-Waterloo – Orlando (YKF-SFB)
• Vancouver – Phoenix (YVR-AZA)
• Vancouver – Palm Springs (YVR-PSP)

December 18
• Toronto (YYZ) – Palm Springs (PSP)

Wow! Great news for Flair, YEG and Edmonton today!

Interesting to read that Flair will take delivery of 4 new aircraft by July, taking them to 19 aircraft total. That's a pretty major operation. Also interesting to read that they reported healthy cash flow to the CTA. Flair seems to be doing very well.

Wow! Great news for Flair, YEG and Edmonton today!

Interesting to read that Flair will take delivery of 4 new aircraft by July, taking them to 19 aircraft total. That's a pretty major operation. Also interesting to read that they reported healthy cash flow to the CTA. Flair seems to be doing very well.

Great news indeed. And If I read some reports correctly, they'll add even more aircrafts before the end of this year, and a few more in 2023. I can definitely see Flair becoming a major player in Canadian aviation within the next half a decade or so.

My only question is: as they grow, will they abandon being 100% ULCC and move on to have flights competing directly with Westjet and AC, or will they keep the current profile and trade blows with other ULCC?

Back