News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

The Jets get Tyler Toffoli for a 2025 2nd and a 2024 3rd. You can't convince me the Oilers couldn't cough that up. Absolute fleece by the Jets, and would have filled a clear hole in the Oilers lineup at 2RW. Apparently, sources are saying the Oilers are done with trade now that Eberle is extended.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Tomas Hertl has been traded to the Vegas Golden Knights, taking full advantage of that juicy LTIR cap space. I can guarantee you if say, Nurse was injured pre-deadline and the Oilers placed him on LTIR, then used his 9 million $ to add a bunch of extra players, the NHL would be getting rid of that rule right away. Stone has been placed on LTIR about a month before the deadline, and then brought him back onto the roster at playoff time 3 years in a row now.

We can only hope for the best, that Vegas continues to fall in the standings and one of Calgary, Seattle, St. Louis or Minnesota jumps ahead. Calgary has been playing very well lately, there's a legitimate chance Vegas could miss the playoffs, Calgary and Seattle each have to make up 6 points before the end of the year.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Tomas Hertl has been traded to the Vegas Golden Knights, taking full advantage of that juicy LTIR cap space. I can guarantee you if say, Nurse was injured pre-deadline and the Oilers placed him on LTIR, then used his 9 million $ to add a bunch of extra players, the NHL would be getting rid of that rule right away. Stone has been placed on LTIR about a month before the deadline, and then brought him back onto the roster at playoff time 3 years in a row now.

We can only hope for the best, that Vegas continues to fall in the standings and one of Calgary, Seattle, St. Louis or Minnesota jumps ahead. Calgary has been playing very well lately, there's a legitimate chance Vegas could miss the playoffs, Calgary and Seattle each have to make up 6 points before the end of the year.
I would honestly celebrate Vegas staying out of the playoffs like a cup. Not for being afraid of them, but just to see them get screwed.
There's no team in the league I hate more than them, not even Calgary

Ouch
image.png

Well then.

Great work in the face-off dot, but a pretty lacklustre effort otherwise with very few high quality chances yet again outside of 37 and 71's goals.

Our PP needs recitation; we could have put that game away on the PP up 2-1 and yet even with two chances barely got a shot.

Far too many pass attempts in general, with many blind passes and sloppy placement.

We just lost back to backs against the 29th and 24th placed teams in mid-March.

This team.

Back