7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 1.05.52 PM.png

tsn.ca

Edmonton radio host Jenna Winterburn launched a tongue-in-cheek petition in an effort to prevent country singer Brett Kissel from singing the United States national anthem at Edmonton Oilers playoff games because the team usually loses when he does. Kissel played along by adding his name to the petition and blaming past Oilers losses on the so-called #KisselCurse.

Legacy game from Stuart Skinner, never thought I'd see the day the Oilers get outshot by that big of a margin and still win. Not sure what was with the team in terms of generating offense last night. I know LA was desperate, but usually the Oilers are able to put up a few more shots, even if they're playing a desperate team. I do think they undercounted the Oilers shots by at least 2 or 3, there were a number of times the Oilers pretty clearly got a puck on net and they never put it up on the board.

Despite the somewhat worrying shot clock, I was actually very happy with that game and saw a couple very encouraging things:

1. After a disappointing game 2, Skinner followed it up with a solid game 3, and transcendent game 4. If he can keep this up, that takes a ton of pressure off of both the defense and offense, and makes everyone better.

2. The defense was exceptional, the Kings did get some good looks, as you'd expect with how many shots they got, but the amount of grade A's they had were somewhat limited. This is a credit to the whole D-core, who played amazing shutdown D last night. Desharnais and Bouchard stood out for me as having very good defensive games.

I'm not worried about the Oilers ability to generate offense in the future, LA came in desperate and the Oilers had a bit of an off game in terms of the forechecking and puck possession in the offensive zone.

Despite the low shot total, I think that was a great game for the team, and a big confidence booster, particularly for Skinner.

^ Supposedly high danger chances were 7-4 Oilers. Obviously still not a great offensive effort by the Oil, but LA struggled hard to get any traction within the slot/high danger areas.

What about the Kane's, "I like drama" comment after game #3. I'm so obtuse my wife had to tell me it was in regards to Mark Spector of SN and his past "drama" comments and overall disdain for Kane throughout the regular season.

Edmonton radio host Jenna Winterburn launched a tongue-in-cheek petition in an effort to prevent country singer Brett Kissel from singing the United States national anthem at Edmonton Oilers playoff games because the team usually loses when he does. Kissel played along by adding his name to the petition and blaming past Oilers losses on the so-called #KisselCurse.

I really hope Kissel puts his money where his mouth is and declines any future invites. He's a pretty divisive guy, regardless of the curse. (See his lyrics for "Line in the Sand" if you haven't already.)

Oilers and Canucks both up 3-1 and a potential showdown if one or both don't collapse.

Vancouver has won their first 3 games with 3 different goalies. I don't imagine that has happened before or at least not for a very long time. Impressive.

^against the preds...

Predators aren't exactly known for their offensive firepower.

True.

But Nashville did score more than LA this year. And would Oilers be up 3-1 in series with our back up or second back up? It's impressive.

Back