News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

It had a decent run and when they announced their other two locations I worried for it was quite a destination (and drive) for some with more convenient options now.

I looked at their menu - at least the one they posted on their website. It is dismal. I doubt the place will survive.

It's a sports bar across the street from Rogers Place so I doubt it won't do poorly, at least. There isn't another sports bar in the entire ICE District...yet (I wouldn't count Boston Pizza as a sports bar).

^ ^^

i think i'm with EdmTrekker on this one. yes, it's a sports bar across the street from rogers place but rogers place doesn't host enough events - never mind sports events - over the course of a year to make a sports bar successful simply because of its presence nearby.

if you're going to be successful in the food and beverage business, you're offering needs to entice customers to choose your establishment from all of the other offerings in the vicinity and i'm not sure this offering does that.

^ ^^

i think i'm with EdmTrekker on this one. yes, it's a sports bar across the street from rogers place but rogers place doesn't host enough events - never mind sports events - over the course of a year to make a sports bar successful simply because of its presence nearby.
The empty bays circa 2017 in the Fox towers are happy to endorse this message.

E8sc28iVgAM_C5d

E8sc28hUcAIUDCv

E8sc28iVIAAZLLG

I used to love mercer. But the last 2 times I ate there it was some of the worst food I'd ever had at a restaraunt. Idk what happened...management or chef change or cutting costs...but it became a crap hole to me sadly. Used to love their fried chicken...now it tastes like microwaved mchickens

I have to agree. No idea how you mess food up or duration of wait for said food, but it never was really on for me. I enjoyed the space, people and feel, but it left us wanting a more complete package.

Last edited:

Back