News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

Anthony Zorzetto
Senior Vice President/founder at Anvo construction
2d • 2 days ago
Our new project is underway on Jasper Ave! Full gut interior renovation and exterior rejuvenation. This historic building will be the home of a new restaurant. Stay tuned!

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6820093084936871936/

Except that the East Village work really began in and around 1996.

The City, through CMLC, took the approach to acquire 95+% of it, razed 95% of it, became the developer, realigned the grid, remediated where required and then administered it all and required developers to somewhat work together and compliment initial stages. They also invested a lot of money into the public realm, riverwalk, community gardens, outdoor basketball/fitness spaces , large playground, off-leash dog park and pitched/marketed the hell out of it to a variety of groups, both local and not. They made it very attractive to become part of the momentum for the area, strategically sold parcels and had a communal sales/marketing centre. Add in some cool heritage building repurposing and destination food/coffee and then bake.

Add in a more urban and concentrated workforce with more reasons to live centrally and a lot of jobs for new grads (under 30 crowd) who bought a lot of those condos.

A+B=C

Some photos from my last tour:
So why can't we get that done!

We need a greenbelt...

Anthony Zorzetto
Senior Vice President/founder at Anvo construction
2d • 2 days ago
Our new project is underway on Jasper Ave! Full gut interior renovation and exterior rejuvenation. This historic building will be the home of a new restaurant. Stay tuned!

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6820093084936871936/
It's about time something happened there again. Cool ass building. 109/108 & Jasper area used to be pretty poppin with BLVD/Public House, The Pint, Hudsons, and Knoxvilles/Oil City. Would love to see something like that grown again as covid ends.

For all the... scudzy-ness of Knoxvilles, I will say their "#keepitdowntown" marketing (if that was their idea) was awesome. Like a battle for people to come downtown and not Whyte. Downtown could sure use more of that nowadays.

I would disagree with that for its original intentions were to be just that.

:(
METRO Billiards Edmonton
METRO IS MOVING TO THE WEST END!
After 28 years, Metro is moving from our original downtown location to the west end. We will be reopening this fall.
MORE DETAILS TO COME.

:(
METRO Billiards Edmonton
METRO IS MOVING TO THE WEST END!
After 28 years, Metro is moving from our original downtown location to the west end. We will be reopening this fall.
MORE DETAILS TO COME.
Wow that's really disappointing.

Bump!! Any news??
I'm curious to know as well. If I remember correctly, construction had to start by the end of this year to be eligible for the incentive. As we are almost halfway through August, just for sake say we have September through December for all these projects to start. Do we know which ones were approved and are going ahead and when in the remaining months of this year?

Back