News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Canada Soccer

Yeah, there were signs up all over the place talking about being respectful and what is not acceptable.

Mexico likely won't be having many riot police at its next home games in January and February for World Cup qualifying.

That's because all fans have been banned by FIFA for two games due to the homophobic chant their crowds have used to taunt opposing teams, primarily the goalkeepers - something that has been going on for years.

One top Mexican official says if their fans can't get their act together it could actually impact Mexico hosting in 2026.

Imagine if Mexico lost host games because of that in 2026 and we ended up getting more than originally anticipated? Blessing for us and a curse for Mexico...

Mexico likely won't be having many riot police at its next home games in January and February for World Cup qualifying.

That's because all fans have been banned by FIFA for two games due to the homophobic chant their crowds have used to taunt opposing teams, primarily the goalkeepers - something that has been going on for years.

One top Mexican official says if their fans can't get their act together it could actually impact Mexico hosting in 2026.

FDsdPUmVgAYCbFm

Big win, huge crowd, amazing atmosphere. The Voyageurs group is so fun and first rate fans.

Crowd was 48,806 and more than 50,000 tickets already sold for Mexico on Tuesday, but it will be colder.

Between the two games we may hit 100,000 in attendance.

Screenshot_20211112-225902_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Great game. Good control. Ok experience.

Nothing Downtown or RHW to indicate PBR or FIFA.

No pregame nothing that I could see.

ETS did ok to manage things.

There was the event at Santa Maria Goretti centre at 3pm before the game (hosted by the Voyageurs). Apparently there are 1,800 of them here. And then at 5pm walked over to the stadium and greeted the Canadian national team when they arrived by bus - actually shaking the bus. Many fans were there then.

I saw on the news earlier tonight a music event in the Ice District plaza for the PBR. Also happens to be where many of Voyageurs folks are staying.

Here's the Global News story on the tailgate party.
"This weekend marks the first big event at the new Ice District Plaza, a two-day tailgating party for the PBR Canada National Finals."

As an aside, the 48,806 attendance was the third-highest attended Men’s National Team match in history. Tuesday will surpass that.

Of note, the US beat Mexico 2-0 in a huge game played in Cincinnati - another city hoping to host World Cup games in 2026. The crowd? 26,000.
Well done, Edmonton and Canada - we will double that on Tuesday.

Last edited:
I left home early because of the warnings of long lines ups. Bus took 15 minutes and line to get in took 2 minutes... I was in my seat an hour before kickoff lol. Might leave just a little bit later on Tuesday...

holy shit was it ever frustrating having an endless stream of people walking the stairs and standing in front of me. Definitely won’t choose an aisle seat next time! It’s a 45 minute half that feels like it goes by in ten minutes. You honestly can’t sit for 45 minutes! And every time the crowd would make a noise the people on the stairs would stop to see what’s happening blocking the two or three rows of people that they’re standing in front of! Rant over.

Hopefully Canada can step it up on Tuesday! and if somehow we are up one nothing against Mexico with 15 minutes left like we were this game, we better shut it down and play some boring ass soccer and just keep the ball. I understand that they were going for a second goal but it was very risky how free they were being with the ball in the last 15. Tie your goddamn shoe or get a hamstring cramp or something Canada! Lol

Back