News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Warehouse District Park

Man I hope they do an unreal job on this park... Screenshot_20210430-234505_Pinterest.jpgScreenshot_20210430-234528_Pinterest.jpgScreenshot_20210430-234542_Pinterest.jpgScreenshot_20210430-234602_Pinterest.jpgScreenshot_20210430-234641_Pinterest.jpgScreenshot_20210430-234650_Pinterest.jpg

I have some exciting news about the land acquisitions for this park! I contacted the urban planning department asking about the two plots of land which the project page says were acquired around one year after the rest. I got a response saying that they are plots 186 and 187 on the map (I added a blue X to show them). The man also said that the city recently acquired the land where Doan's Vietnamese Restaurant was (plots 151-152); I also X'd it for your reference; it's not highlighted on the map because the property hasn't changed hands yet. The plots on the northern edge, 142-140 and 183-185, will not be incorporated into the park itself. Instead, the city hopes that these two properties can be redeveloped with buildings that have some sort of active frontage (such as patios) facing the park that can create a "living edge". For reference, plots 183-185 (10171 107 St ) are where See Zen Benevolent Society is located; the building which @DTYEG complained about a while back at the bottom of page 3 of this post. So hopefully its days are numbered!

Warehouse-Park-Map-1.png

Last edited:
I have some exciting news about the land acquisitions for this park! I contacted the urban planning department asking about the two plots of land which the project page says were acquired around one year after the rest. I got a response saying that they are plots 186 and 187 on the map (I added a blue X to show them). The man also said that the city recently acquired the land where Doan's Vietnamese Restaurant was (plots 151-152); I also X'd it for your reference. The plots on the northern edge, 142-140 and 183-185, will not be incorporated into the park itself. Instead, the city hopes that these two properties can be redeveloped with buildings that have some sort of active frontage (such as patios) facing the park that can create a "living edge". For reference, plots 183-185 (10171 107 St ) are where See Zen Benevolent Society is located; the building which @DTYEG complained about a while back at the bottom of page 3 of this post. So hopefully its days are numbered!

View attachment 340456
Seeing this sea of parking lots is so disheartening! I'm glad to see a lot of them go, but I would absolutely surrender a limb or two to see the park extend over 106 street and add in lots 133 to 139, at least.

Is the entirety of block 6 remaining as BP's and an unpaved parking lot? What the hell? Am I missing something? We will have a brand new park that will be hidden behind towers and ugly surface lots...

Nope that's how it's going to be. Unfortunate, though I'm sure the city will have the park well marked and easy to find... at least I hope so

Nope that's how it's going to be. Unfortunate, though I'm sure the city will have the park well marked and easy to find... at least I hope so
The light green roads are "adjacent roads and laneways that will be integrated into the final park design, but that will remain open to vehicles." Hopefully this intergration is done well, and these roads have wide-open pedestrian ways which can serve as prominent entryways that invite and guide people towards the park. I won't hold my breath, but hopefully the city picks a good firm to design the park so that this is given proper consideration.

Aren't a few towers planned there already? The shift and another tall/long thing
It would seem so, although none of them seem to be moving on to build anything and, to be honest, having the park come all the way down to the service lane between 106 and 107 st could very well help spur redevelopment in the adjacent sites facing 107 st and the park, and we'd get a 2-block park that would get us rid of more parking lots in one single job than any development in decades, all while adding much needed green, active space in our core.
Don't get me wrong, it will already be a very nice addition, but why not dream of outstanding, instead of nice?!

Back