News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Warehouse District Park

Is the entirety of block 6 remaining as BP's and an unpaved parking lot? What the hell? Am I missing something? We will have a brand new park that will be hidden behind towers and ugly surface lots...
Do Lamb and whoever still have that site from the tower they couldn't presell? Is that the lot next to BPs?

I wonder if part of the idea is to block off the park from jasper? Since its such a busy road. And spur development of the sites on jasper?

L Do Lamb and whoever still have that site from the tower they couldn't presell? Is that the lot next to BPs?

I wonder if part of the idea is to block off the park from jasper? Since its such a busy road. And spur development of the sites on jasper?
The Lamb lots were 186, 187 the ones with an x which have been bought by the city.

Do Lamb and whoever still have that site from the tower they couldn't presell? Is that the lot next to BPs?

I'd like to know why those 2 lots couldn't be expropriated with the rest of the bunch. For visibility and security reasons (more eyes from the street) you would think you'd want those lots so the park opens up to Jasper Avenue

Typical of Planning -- go with tried and true and omit something new. Are you surprised? No local firms -- they are not near good enough for this project -- they might accidentally come up with something imaginative! One more reason to blister that stick-in-the-mud Planning department.

Typical of Planning -- go with tried and true and omit something new. Are you surprised? No local firms -- they are not near good enough for this project -- they might accidentally come up with something imaginative! One more reason to blister that stick-in-the-mud Planning department.
It was a competition ... and the local firms did not win. So be it.

I could see this as viable, I just hope the demand is there and that the current owners play ball. I think from a public optics perspective it will be odd opening a brand new park adjacent to surface lots. These "interim use" surface lots always have a way of overstaying their welcome.

I have some exciting news about the land acquisitions for this park! I contacted the urban planning department asking about the two plots of land which the project page says were acquired around one year after the rest. I got a response saying that they are plots 186 and 187 on the map (I added a blue X to show them). The man also said that the city recently acquired the land where Doan's Vietnamese Restaurant was (plots 151-152); I also X'd it for your reference; it's not highlighted on the map because the property hasn't changed hands yet. The plots on the northern edge, 142-140 and 183-185, will not be incorporated into the park itself. Instead, the city hopes that these two properties can be redeveloped with buildings that have some sort of active frontage (such as patios) facing the park that can create a "living edge". For reference, plots 183-185 (10171 107 St ) are where See Zen Benevolent Society is located; the building which @DTYEG complained about a while back at the bottom of page 3 of this post. So hopefully its days are numbered!

View attachment 340456
I am confused about Lots 88 and 87. Audreys bookstore is on the NW corner of Jasper & 107 Street. This map, I think, shows it as Lot 88 and 87 is the street. CplKlinger can you advise if the actual map is incorrect or whether I am misreading it?

It was a competition ... and the local firms did not win. So be it.
It was not a competition -- it was an RFI with selection in the hands of City Planning -- and THAT is my point. I believe we are headed for another "planters and benches" solution mandated by City Planning -- a group that we are working towards eliminating altogether.

I am confused about Lots 88 and 87. Audreys bookstore is on the NW corner of Jasper & 107 Street. This map, I think, shows it as Lot 88 and 87 is the street. CplKlinger can you advise if the actual map is incorrect or whether I am misreading it?
Do you mean Lots 186 and 187? Those two are marked by the 'X' on the map that @CplKlinger attached.

It was not a competition -- it was an RFI with selection in the hands of City Planning -- and THAT is my point. I believe we are headed for another "planters and benches" solution mandated by City Planning -- a group that we are working towards eliminating altogether.
That allowed the City to move forward - RFI can have that option.

Do you mean Lots 186 and 187? Those two are marked by the 'X' on the map that @CplKlinger attached.
I am asking why lot 88 shows Audreys when Audreys IS on the corner ... and instead shows lot 87 as the corner lot - inferring there are possibly 5 lanes of southbound traffic and there is not. The map seems out of kilter.

I am asking why lot 88 shows Audreys when Audreys IS on the corner ... and instead shows lot 87 as the corner lot - inferring there are possibly 5 lanes of southbound traffic and there is not. The map seems out of kilter.
I think I see what you mean! The map is correct, but the building looks a bit like a road because it has no rear parking lot. I honestly had to do a double take at first as well, but it's a lot clearer on google maps.
Screenshot_20210811-121751_Maps.jpg

Back