News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Warehouse District Park

I've noticed there's some work going on inside the Boston Pizza, plastic covering the windows. Part of me is hoping the building is coming down for more park space, but it looks like it's probably reno's
I believe it is reno's, however the website and the sign on the door do not indicate when the place will reopen and if you call the phone just rings, so I am not sure what is going on.

In my opinion, BP actually did a good job with fixing up and reusing the old Healy Ford building and I hope it continues to be there for a long time. That block used to contain other older buildings (older than BP) that were somewhat run down, but could have been fixed up to be quite nice. Now all we have is a bunch of parking lots, sort of the story of Edmonton - tear things down and have a parking lot for 30 years. Then we wonder why no one wants to come downtown when it is so desolate in some places.

I've noticed there's some work going on inside the Boston Pizza, plastic covering the windows. Part of me is hoping the building is coming down for more park space, but it looks like it's probably reno's
They had a small fire in the basement a few weeks ago and are repairing the damages.

^ Those 2 Boston Pizzas serve different demographics in different parts of downtown. The Ice District BP caters to the financial district (c/w pedway access) plus hockey fans and concert goers. The Warehouse District BP serves government workers plus the nearby nightlife on 109 St. If it stays long enough, the latter may end up serving patrons of the new park as well.

Warehouse Park update coming soon, City in negotiations with one firm.
I'm not sure if I should be happy or nervous given the City's procurement and involvement history with projects (Library, Touch the Water, etc.). Hoping this project really turns out well and that this encouraging piece of news means we are on track to seeing shovels in the ground soon.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or nervous given the City's procurement and involvement history with projects (Library, Touch the Water, etc.). Hoping this project really turns out well and that this encouraging piece of news means we are on track to seeing shovels in the ground soon.
Let’s not forget Blatchford where the City screwed the Vancouver consulting firm and created a mess by city bureaucrat planners.

Back