The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
IMG_20230909_131220.jpg

Sorry haven’t said anything for 7 months on this site. I guess that ended up with me having a lot to say hah.
He has risen! Anyways I agree. A lot of g*ddamn whining happening on these forums nowadays. Many don't remember where our downtown was back in the 90's/early 2000's. Yeah, there was a time where we sh*t our pants when a Starbucks was announced somewhere in the downtown. Sure we have our challenges, but a city is never finished, it's always evolving. Lots to look forward to in the coming years if you ask me.

At least the Parks will be a new piece for downtown.. A lot of missing pieces in downtown (The Chamber/WTC, Bay/Enterprise Square, Ice District, etc.) have been resurrected or added. 20 years ago, the big thing was resurrecting City Centre Mall and Churchill Square. Ten years ago, it was condos on 103 and 104 Street, and the final stages of Rogers Place financing. COVID and LRT delays have provided some challenges and a re-think of strategy.

He has risen! Anyways I agree. A lot of g*ddamn whining happening on these forums nowadays. Many don't remember where our downtown was back in the 90's/early 2000's. Yeah, there was a time where we sh*t our pants when a Starbucks was announced somewhere in the downtown. Sure we have our challenges, but a city is never finished, it's always evolving. Lots to look forward to in the coming years if you ask me.
There was no whining as people have reasons for height or girth pertaining to a question asked. I simply stated the truth that we have a little long ways to go from my perspective, so I was ok with width over superior height in this area. If the response is unsatisfactory, that obvious states how much more we have to go...

Money might’ve been there at the start but after covid what can you do?
I feel like a lot of issues boils down to this. Covid-19 was a major global disaster that exacerbated a lot of existing problems downtown and will take time to fully recover from. Covid kicked a lot of already struggling downtown retail and restaurants in the teeth and work from home changed the economics of building pure office towers and downtown living in general.

The amount of projects still kicking off is great and the increased supply is helping keep DT affordable so people can actually live there comfortably.

I feel like a lot of issues boils down to this. Covid-19 was a major global disaster that exacerbated a lot of existing problems downtown and will take time to fully recover from. Covid kicked a lot of already struggling downtown retail and restaurants in the teeth and work from home changed the economics of building pure office towers and downtown living in general.

The amount of projects still kicking off is great and the increased supply is helping keep DT affordable so people can actually live there comfortably.
It will be really interesting to see where things are at Downtown in around 3 years when the Parks Phase I, Stationlands Phase 2 (The Switch Tower 1), Falcon Tower 1 and Peak Tower are leasing up, as they will collectively add around 1,000 new residential units, or approximately 1,200 more residents (my conservative estimate) to Downtown proper.

Further along, when Parks Phase 2, Falcon Tower 2 and The Switch Tower 2 are completed, that is another 1,000 units or so, so another 1,200 people.

Before 2030 we will be looking at around 2,500 new residents Downtown from those four sites alone.

It will be really interesting to see where things are at Downtown in around 3 years when the Parks Phase I, Stationlands Phase 2 (The Switch Tower 1), Falcon Tower 1 and Peak Tower are leasing up, as they will collectively add around 1,000 new residential units, or approximately 1,200 more residents (my conservative estimate) to Downtown proper.

Further along, when Parks Phase 2, Falcon Tower 2 and The Switch Tower 2 are completed, that is another 1,000 units or so, so another 1,200 people.

Before 2030 we will be looking at around 2,500 new residents Downtown from those four sites alone.
Before 2030 we'll likely be looking at a little more than that from these 4 developments, since the second tower on Stationlands should also be built by then. Just by estimating the number of unites, considering what we know about that building, we should be looking at a total of around 2800 unites from these for developments, and close to 3400 additional residents. For reference, that is about 28% growth in dwellings 13200 from 10400) and 27% growth in population (15800 from 12400), over 2019.

My crazy prediction is that we'll have over 18000 residents in Downtown proper by 2030, which considering that about 10% of the dwellings in Downtown are vacant, and the current population growth numbers, isn't too wild. If we expect a few more developments to be built in the core, between now and then, we could actually approach 20000.

Before 2030 we'll likely be looking at a little more than that from these 4 developments, since the second tower on Stationlands should also be built by then. Just by estimating the number of unites, considering what we know about that building, we should be looking at a total of around 2800 unites from these for developments, and close to 3400 additional residents. For reference, that is about 28% growth in dwellings 13200 from 10400) and 27% growth in population (15800 from 12400), over 2019.

My crazy prediction is that we'll have over 18000 residents in Downtown proper by 2030, which considering that about 10% of the dwellings in Downtown are vacant, and the current population growth numbers, isn't too wild. If we expect a few more developments to be built in the core, between now and then, we could actually approach 20000.
Have to figure The Shift will be built as well before 2030. At least, I hope it will be.

Back