What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How long until it peeks over?
F64QfWzWkAAt_D_

Man this project is flying! Anyone think we can expect the Jasper facing businesses to be demolished by next year potentially?

That whole strip along Jasper Ave can be demolished except for Audrey's Books and The Commodore.
Even if there is no construction is forthcoming, I want the old Saveco gone!
The LRT entrances need to be moved because they are a major detriment to foot traffic on Jasper Ave.

1696282715567.png

That whole strip along Jasper Ave can be demolished except for Audrey's Books and The Commodore.
Even if there is no construction is forthcoming, I want the old Saveco gone!
The LRT entrances need to be moved because they are a major detriment to foot traffic on Jasper Ave.

View attachment 510645
Yup. As someone who spends way too much time of my life on this section of the city, that’s what I’m really looking forward to as well with this development. From the renders, it seems that the sidewalk will be heavily expanded as well and honestly 100% allllll for it.

And they're really sketchy to use - pretty narrow staircases with mediocre lighting. Also, the nearby bus stop at 108 st often has huge crowds (1-2 dozen people) waiting for buses - it'd be lovely to see some sort of infrastructure worthy of such a busy stop. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the busiest stops, if not the busiest stop in Edmonton. It's too bad DT buildings with integrated shelters have been having negative experiences and shutting them down, otherwise I'd want the Jasper-facing portion of this project to incorporate a shelter.

And they're really sketchy to use - pretty narrow staircases with mediocre lighting. Also, the nearby bus stop at 108 st often has huge crowds (1-2 dozen people) waiting for buses - it'd be lovely to see some sort of infrastructure worthy of such a busy stop. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the busiest stops, if not the busiest stop in Edmonton. It's too bad DT buildings with integrated shelters have been having negative experiences and shutting them down, otherwise I'd want the Jasper-facing portion of this project to incorporate a shelter.
I use these stairs often, it is very tight, but generally I can manage it. It is not too bad when it is not busy, but it sure could be improved.

In this city we are generally used to more personal space than some other more crowded places, so it is probably especially noticeable to some.

I suspect the constraints of existing buildings resulted in this space being tight when this was built, so with that changing, now is the definetly the time to improve/fix it.

Back