The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Does anyone know what type of businesses will be at the bottom? Certain businesses are really great for vibrancy and street life while others tend to sap it away. Hoping we see more cafe's, restaurants and grocery stores here, and less banks. Especially on the side that will face the Warehouse Park directly.
MoneyMart.

I joke: MoneyMart, Subway, donair prince

I want: Adidas store, gravity pope, Korean street food joint

I will see: Coffee shop (?!??!), UPS parcel store and a cute plant shop?

NO NOT MONEYMART PLEASE ANYTHING BUT MONEYMART!
The Money Mart on 101 St closed some time ago. I assume the one on 108 St will not be around too much longer, as the old building it is in will probably be torn down soon, so you may get your wish.

As for Shoppers Drug Mart, cannabis stores, cell phone store and dental offices, they seem to be like the dandelions of retail - everywhere and resistant to going away.

I don't really have anything against them, but we do need more variety in goods and services downtown.

NO NOT MONEYMART PLEASE ANYTHING BUT MONEYMART!
Cmooooon we all know that MoneyMart is the magnum opus of street frontage activation! 🤩

Seriously though, I hope that at least a couple of high-traffic and lively businesses (cafe, restaurant, shop, etc.) get in here. It's inevitable that at least one boring thing like a bank is gonna get a bay so lets hope for the best.

The Money Mart on 101 St closed some time ago. I assume the one on 108 St will not be around too much longer, as the old building it is in will probably be torn down soon, so you may get your wish.

As for Shoppers Drug Mart, cannabis stores, cell phone store and dental offices, they seem to be like the dandelions of retail - everywhere and resistant to going away.

I don't really have anything against them, but we do need more variety in goods and services downtown.
My main issue with MoneyMart is its branding. Even if it's in a dense urban environment, it makes it look and feel like a strip mall. It also negatively affects the vibrancy and "nice" feeling of an area. They offer important services but an area that's supposed to be a vibrant urban area shouldn't have that type of retail openly street facing for the reasons I just described.

IMG_0036.jpeg
IMG_0037.jpeg

That stubby concrete bunker like office building in the middle of your photos seems like a likely candidate for an office to residential conversion one day.

Back