News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

The Edmonton Elks - CFL

Any excitement or hype this year? I am feeling very distant from this team, league and sport right now and don't like that.

Hearing that Halifax might be back on the table which would be very positive news for the league as a whole.

Not hearing much is the whole problem. I heard a radio ad the other day selling tickets. Need media and discussion on the league way more than it gets. For big leagues the eyeballs on the tvs and butts in the seats come predominately from the fact people are talking about the team/sport and seeing it in the news and highlights. Look at the hype NFL created just for the schedule release.

Fan and in game experience is important but to really get people there and watching the hype needs to be there. How you do that is a difficult question.

Any excitement or hype this year? I am feeling very distant from this team, league and sport right now and don't like that.

Hearing that Halifax might be back on the table which would be very positive news for the league as a whole.
I always get excited for the CFL season to start. But the lack of hype from the league and teams is so bad. And they know it and still do nothing about it.

Just win a home game this year Elks, PLEASE!

32,220 or thereabouts. At least 1/4 wearing Sask green. Yet another completely winnable game that we managed to lose. Defense was decent. Offence was brutal, except for the one 102 yard TD. Now 18 consecutive home losses. 😩

you mean “that didn’t work, let’s do it again”, lather, rinse, repeat isn’t going to do it?
100%. Let's put our smallest QB in there to try and force it into the endzone and not just try it once or twice but THREE TIMES!!!

Our offense was awful last night due to Cornelius and McAdoo still being the O-Coordinator here.

not winning many games with a QB who can't even a make an accurate 5-yard out pass...
Yup, I was at the game as was witness to Cornelius throwing the ball at the feet (you catch with the hands!). I wouldn't mind seeing Tre Ford give it a go next game, but our offensive coordinator also needs to change up tactics a bit.

Or an offensive coordinator who's offense is predictable and pathetic.
Yup not a fan of the OC but that being said corn isn't a pro football caliber player imo I think with Ford they win that game. Roster needs tons of help still, O line was awful in pass pro, the secondary is below average and the defense will get exposed against the lions on Friday.

Yup, I was at the game as was witness to Cornelius throwing the ball at the feet (you catch with the hands!). I wouldn't mind seeing Tre Ford give it a go next game, but our offensive coordinator also needs to change up tactics a bit.
Well, maybe he just thought we oughta play with the feet, since it's called football!

Back