News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Terwillegar Drive Expansion

What would really make me happy is a pedestrian/bike bridge over the Whitemud creek at 53 AV to connect to the U of A. I would also take a BRT bridge, but with the transit lanes on Fox Drive, that might be a bit redundant. A cycle commuter coming from Terwillegar has some large hills to navigate when heading to the U of A or Downtown, so a level crossing would really help connect the SW to the core.

That's not an insignificant crossing and environmentally sensitive. Groat works pretty well and always provides you with one way of fun.

GGuSg7kBtgj06MbUHds6OcWVBTRF0_CxlV-933cBoPXQduV14117ljc7lDc5ogcuS6xeVRGbXvJHHiuE5AKz7YaVKXgzNTQbwdMLuPSBNlTS4Th5rBL7XwdAm_0Yi1BBvY-rHWOV=s0

GGuSg7kBtgj06MbUHds6OcWVBTRF0_CxlV-933cBoPXQduV14117ljc7lDc5ogcuS6xeVRGbXvJHHiuE5AKz7YaVKXgzNTQbwdMLuPSBNlTS4Th5rBL7XwdAm_0Yi1BBvY-rHWOV=s0

I'm really loving that road projects like the Yellowhead and Terwillegar exansions include pedestrian infrastructure now (and bus infrastructurein the case of Terwillegar). It's a long-overdue consideration, but not one that was inevitable or should be taken for granted. This is a crucial step in shifting Edmontonions away from their car-centric mindsets, and normalizing active/alternative modes of transportation.

Has there ever been a landscaping plan (or even render) released? All I could find on the website is "Continued landscape naturalization and additional tree plantings."

Curious to see how much tree planting they'll do. Would be nice in the median and make it feel more like a parkway.

Last edited:
Will the ramps for the Whitemud/Terwillegar interchange be rebuilt? I find it painful having to exit the Whitemud from the left lanes instead of the customary right lanes.

The website doesn't say much

Last edited:
I say if they're going to be building new bridge structures there anyways, they may as well build a proper semi-directional T interchange.

Do it right.
They aren't though. The only new bridges are at Rainbow Valley and 142 St, and those are for pedestrians / cyclists.

CoE has updated their page with the preliminary design for stage 2 for the Whitemud - Terwillegar interchange. Not sure if its new but more information since the survey.

Im happy for the additional transit lane also the additional lane on the SB ramp, however disappointed that SB Whitemud remains at 2 lanes. Would have been nice if they included that NB transit lane also.

I think the rendering TagYEG posted would be far more beneficial.

We win some we lose some. Its something that will help for now. 💁🏽‍♀️

Back