News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Municipal Politics

Trust me, the current mayor has a very strong grip on City Council.
The horses may not be chomping at the bit, but they are not moving forward much either. Perhaps that is because they don't know what the direction is so they are listless.

Lets not mistake being pleasant and civil for being productive.

• Wow
Reactions: TAS
The horses may not be chomping at the bit, but they are not moving forward much either. Perhaps that is because they don't know what the direction is so they are listless.

Lets not mistake being pleasant and civil for being productive.

Listless? So you think this council is disengaged, lacking energy and enthusiasm for their work and unwilling to do anything needing effort?

As a result do you anticipate that none of them will run for re-election? I would think somebody who is listless would not want to be wasting their time anymore doing something they have little interest in.

Just trying to understand this comment - seems like you may have insight into council members' motivations or lack thereof.

Listless because of uninspiring leadership, perhaps the job is more difficult than some expected, maybe some have higher aspirations and are more focused on that than the job they currently have.

Oh I expect a number will run, some for lack of better opportunities or in the hope that the advantages of incumbency will offset strong negative public feelings. For some it might.

Listless because of uninspiring leadership, perhaps the job is more difficult than some expected, maybe some have higher aspirations and are more focused on that than the job they currently have.

Oh I expect a number will run, some for lack of better opportunities or in the hope that the advantages of incumbency will offset strong negative public feelings. For some it might.

Suggesting some councillors will run for re-election due to "lack of better oppportunities" is based on what kind of rationale? Do you know these councillors personally or what have they said or done to lead you to this conclusion?

Last edited:
How can we improve the discourse around all the great improvements currently underway in Edmonton when most people get their news these days from YEGWave, which is basically a scam account trying to appear legit?

I think someone is puzzled that not everyone sees things through the same rose coloured glasses as they do.

While I am optimistic about the future of the city, I do see limitations and weaknesses with our current leadership and feel changes need to be made

How can we improve the discourse around all the great improvements currently underway in Edmonton when most people get their news these days from YEGWave, which is basically a scam account trying to appear legit?
Well some see YegWave as a bad thing, I appreciate it as another way to get news that not everyone sees. I don't read the comments on the posts.

I think they only show the worst of Edmonton. There are a lot of young males for whom it is their only news source. I think that can bias views. I have heard they have been threatened with lawsuits for spreading lies and defamation.

Bwaahaahaa….

Do you mean the same right wing actors that have taken over Barcelona, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Melbourne, Milan, Paris and Portland?
No I mean pollsters who use leading questions, dont publish their error rates and use tactics such as push polls.

If a poll wont gove you the cross tabs, its garbage. Reporting was done on this poll and the questions were found to be leading and poorly worded.

Naturalization makes sense in more places than we think.
IMG_0372.jpeg

Back