News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Wonder what this is? (ATB Place North Tower)

Reference ID: Job No 326800645-002
Description: Exterior Alteration
Plan 882RS Lot 10A
Applicant: LEMAY + TOKER
Create Date: 7/31/2019 11:28:05 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Wonder what this is? (ATB Place North Tower)

Reference ID: Job No 326800645-002
Description: Exterior Alteration
Plan 882RS Lot 10A
Applicant: LEMAY + TOKER
Create Date: 7/31/2019 11:28:05 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

This is listed as 'Rooftop Lighting in the Shape of a Heart', so most people will never see it, unless you have a north facing office in Telus Plaza South...

The Edmonton Prospects posted this on their twitter
Parking garage
Retail + shops
Micro brewery
Gondola station

I'm not a fan of the idea of a permanent parking structure. I'd rather the surface lots be improved and retained in the short-term, and redeveloped over time.

The area isn't suffering from a lack of parking. The field and baseball in Edmonton aren't doing poorly because of a lack of parking. Adding more parking (and expensive parking at that) isn't the answer.

We have got to get over this addiction.

@Daveography
On Twitter they said they want to add more parking but at the same time have a less footprint. they plan to incorporate retail space into the parking garage building. I don't know why they need 700 parking spaces but if the City plans to build the Gondola this could be a nice "park and ride" station. Or it could be called a "Park and FLY" station

I happened to pass by this building yesterday and they were finally working on it. Unfortunately, all it looked to be was a simple paint job from what I could see.

Looks like a Mexican restaurant ('El Beso') is going in here. There will likely be a neat neon sign on the west facade facing the park. However, no major exterior alterations are planned (other than paint and potentially new windows).

Back