News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Miscellaneous

Honestly, because of the inequity in access to hospitals between South and North Edmonton, I would actually applaud the UCP if they seriously invested in Royal Alex instead of the new South Hospital. The Royal Alex is one of the highest use hospitals in the province, is ancient, and covers a massive range, it desperately needs expansion/improvement.

I don't believe for a second that they will but I would applaud it.

Honestly, because of the inequity in access to hospitals between South and North Edmonton, I would actually applaud the UCP if they seriously invested in Royal Alex instead of the new South Hospital. The Royal Alex is one of the highest use hospitals in the province, is ancient, and covers a massive range, it desperately needs expansion/improvement.

I don't believe for a second that they will but I would applaud it.
Good point. While I don't think the current provincial government's strength is competence or making the right decision, they actually might in this case if the cost expanding or improving the Royal Alex is less than that of the new South Hospital.

Drove by the new Catholic High School in Castledowns last night. Going up fast. They are using large concrete panels. Building looks to be 3 stories. AMAN construction is doing this one.

Further south on 127st , the land for the new Islamic Academy was been cleared and is now being serviced. BIRD has this one.

Some more details about the conversion

Inside The (Partial) Office Conversion Of Edmonton's Phipps McKinnon Building

"So, why the decision to only convert half of the building?

From a financial perspective, it made more sense because there is no longer going to be any financial help from the City. When it seemed like the City was going to adopt an incentive program similar to Calgary, Josan envisioned a full conversion for Phipps McKinnon"

The Citadel Mews in St Albert is still along way from rebuilding. Since nothing has happened I can only assume Christeson Homes is in court still. The fire was May 7 2021
PXL_20240529_210513796.jpg
PXL_20240529_210507198.jpg

Well that rain the other day impacted St Albert, 110 calls for water ingress, 26 Sewer back ups. 17 units of an apartment affected. RCMP building had some flooding. Hardest hit areas were Sturgeon, Braeside and Akinsdale. Akinsdale was built on a wet land so no shock there. Braeside and Sturgeon are Old neighbourhoods that do not have updated storm systems. But the area of Braeside hit hardest was the flats by the river. And people on hills were reporting water coming down the hills and right across their properties. One big factor was the area around homes. City reported a lot of negative slopping around houses. Something that should be stressed in every neighbourhood. Have soil slope away from your house. I had just done that on the weekend.

Reference ID:Job No 514632699-002
Description:To construct interior alterations inside an Office building (Create Common area lobby and new demise walls for existing tenant downsize)
Plan F Lots 1-5
Applicant:SEAGATE CONTRACT MANAGEMENT LTD.
Create Date:2024-05-31T16:48:05Z
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Last edited:
Anyone know if HomeEd's Parkside North project in Griesbach has broken ground yet? Website says May 2024

Certainly not the best looking development but half are slated to be below market housing. Great seeing townhomes being built in the affordable housing space rather than just all apartments. Lots of 3-4 bed units, great for young families.

parkside-image.png

Possible the new Police Training academy may have started. Area at 127st to the northwest of the Northwest Police campus is now being excavated. The project trailer on site does not have a name on it so I can't identify the project.

Anyone know if HomeEd's Parkside North project in Griesbach has broken ground yet? Website says May 2024

Certainly not the best looking development but half are slated to be below market housing. Great seeing townhomes being built in the affordable housing space rather than just all apartments. Lots of 3-4 bed units, great for young families.

parkside-image.png
I want to see the floorplan on those triangular units!

parkside-image.png
The site is fenced off and they have begun the underground utilities. Chandos Construction is the Prime.

Back