News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.9K     0 

Miscellaneous

Another One (Bell Tower)

Major Development Permit
Permit ClassNot Available
Permit Date(No value)
StatusIn Progress
Description of DevelopmentTo construct an Addition (Annex) to a Professional, Financial, Office Support Service building and construct exterior alterations (new windows) and site alterations (new court yard, landscaping alterations).
Address10120 - 103 AVENUE NW

And one for 160 st and 102 ave

Major Development Permit
Permit Date(No value)
StatusIn Progress
Description of DevelopmentTo construct a mixed-use 6-Storey Multi-unit Housing (apartment) building with 80 Dwellings and ground-level General Retail Stores and Child Care Services with a maximum of 60 children, and to demolish 3 existing Single Detached Houses.
Address10149 - 160 STREET NW

And one for 160 st and 102 ave

Major Development Permit
Permit Date(No value)
StatusIn Progress
Description of DevelopmentTo construct a mixed-use 6-Storey Multi-unit Housing (apartment) building with 80 Dwellings and ground-level General Retail Stores and Child Care Services with a maximum of 60 children, and to demolish 3 existing Single Detached Houses.
Address10149 - 160 STREET NW
I’m very interested to see if the “islands” between stony plan road and 100th ave ever become good neighborhoods. Hopeful more of these projects will help.

Capture.PNG

Or for this giant swath across from the Orange Hub.....I seem to remember eating at that Burger Baron as a kid....since my old man's stomping grounds was the 'ol Saxony Inn.....

View attachment 505058

Or for this giant swath across from the Orange Hub.....I seem to remember eating at that Burger Baron as a kid....since my old man's stomping grounds was the 'ol Saxony Inn.....
Yeah. This is a part of that area I’m referencing. So much potential, but so far from anything good. Likely need 20+ projects for this area to start to feel revitalized. A lot of run down homes and abandoned buildings or empty dirt.

7B915A23-A7A4-465F-BFE7-A6A74B1BB856.jpeg
2F2FACCE-AA10-4E57-943E-824E77ACCA0E.png
18D480E8-17CC-44CA-A7AE-658F9D747420.png

Attachments

• 329A5AC8-131B-46CB-B549-CACE4B455AB1.png
    329A5AC8-131B-46CB-B549-CACE4B455AB1.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 24
BP for the drug production facility:

2023-09-07
Commercial Final
To construct a General Industrial Use building (hospital supply distribution warehouse for Alberta Health Services). --"Central Drug Production Facility"--
$38,559,028
16003 - 137 AVENUE NW

Geez, not a lot on the books going to the EDC eh? I remember pre-COVID there was at least half a dozen buildings/projects being proposed. Now all we’re getting is a road re-hab and a car lot? Not sure why a car lot has to be approved by the EDC? Landscaping guidelines? Is there a building that does along with it? Wouldn’t it just be a pre-fab concrete box?

Geez, not a lot on the books going to the EDC eh? I remember pre-COVID there was at least half a dozen buildings/projects being proposed. Now all we’re getting is a road re-hab and a car lot? Not sure why a car lot has to be approved by the EDC? Landscaping guidelines? Is there a building that does along with it? Wouldn’t it just be a pre-fab concrete box?
No idea but with the architect being HCMA it could be something more.

I think U Haul is also building an addition at their West Edmonton location off Stony Plain Road based on the development permit for the old scrap yard/garage place.

I think the 91 Street location is actually fine given the nature of the surrounding businesses. I am sure it'll be busy.

Back