News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Map of approve/refused rezonings. This is one of the big reasons that housing will remain much more affordable here compared to other Canadian cities.
1685077201386.png

1685077241943.png

All except for the Gondola Project (I know it doesn't fit neatly into the "system"). As I recall, however, it was supported by Administration (City Staff) and subsequently rejected by Council -- a sad commentary on a progressive group that was supposed to lift the hopes and dreams of a City -- imagine what that could have done for downtown. There was a way to mitigate some indigenous concerns -- the Rossdale Gondola towers and stations could have been built on remedial land -- "dead roads" and the administration portion of the Rossdale Power Plant -- even the weakest of "thinkers" could have figured that out.

All except for the Gondola Project (I know it doesn't fit neatly into the "system"). As I recall, however, it was supported by Administration (City Staff) and subsequently rejected by Council -- a sad commentary on a progressive group that was supposed to lift the hopes and dreams of a City -- imagine what that could have done for downtown. There was a way to mitigate some indigenous concerns -- the Rossdale Gondola towers and stations could have been built on remedial land -- "dead roads" and the administration portion of the Rossdale Power Plant -- even the weakest of "thinkers" could have figured that out.

The fact that many residents in Rossdale, who may very well own property built on a burial ground too, were so opposed to this is hypocritical. I guess only they can reap the rewards of owning development near the river. NIMBYism at it's worst

Man, this city really is going full speed with "upzone, density, sorry NIMBY's" and it's genuinely beautiful.
A lot of community leagues are still organizing against district planning and density. Please join your local leagues and speak at council when you can. We are definitely over the first hump, but nothing is secured.

Back