7.9K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.9K     0 

Miscellaneous

Calgary Trail
20230424_104943.jpg

New dealership at 34ave finally getting done.
20230424_124759.jpg

Figured this was coming soon. From Day 1 - everyone complained that the Strathcona hospital was too small......not a hospital but more of a neighbourhood clinic, and they were right. That tenny tiny clinic for what? 110,000 residents?

That lot is intended to the the off leash (according to the last plan) area, which his odd given noise generation, privacy and that Alex D Park's off leash is along 102ave as well... move it south and away from the residential building.

Maybe, but it was the section of the warehouse park that was designated as a dog park on their preliminary plans.

I am guessing that there was a complaint lodged by the Condo group that struck a chord with the City admin. -- no arfing dogs in my neighbourhood please! The smell of unquantifiable loads of puppy-poop next door does not a hot summer's evening aromatic sensibility make; that plus chattering chihuahuas challenge my Clinomania.

Last edited:
I am guessing that there was a complaint lodged by the Condo group that struck a chord with the City admin. -- no arfing dogs in my neighbourhood please! The smell of unquantifiable loads of puppy-poop next door does not a hot summer's evening aromatic sensibility make; that plus chattering chihuahuas challenge my Clinomania.
Owners who take their dogs to an off leash area are really good at picking up after them.

There were 0 building permits issued for new apartments this month.
Largest building permits this month by construction value:
  • Catholic High School in Heritage Valley ($25M, April 27th)
  • New Charter school in McQueen ($6M, April 26th). https://www.thriveschool.ca/about
  • Upgrades to the EPS headquarters ($6M, April 18th).

Back