News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Misc. Parks and Greenspace Projects

Yeah, calling it naturalization sounds so much better than ... lazy, can't be bothered, don't care ... don't want to spend the money to keep things up

2 more criticisms of LMP

1) When oh when will they get rid of these temporary fences?

20230912_182455.jpg

2) The new stairway works fine but the paths still need to be paved.

20230912_184729.jpg

20230912_184733.jpg

20230912_184736.jpg

2 more criticisms of LMP

1) When oh when will they get rid of these temporary fences?

View attachment 505952

2) The new stairway works fine but the paths still need to be paved.

View attachment 505953
View attachment 505954
View attachment 505955
I don’t mind the fences. Ensuring the new sod comes in really strong. I find more often they don’t keep fences up and new grass gets trashed.

Agree on some of the paths though.

Also, that grass area on the “second step down” should get some courts. Basketball, pickleball, etc. such a good park to have nothing active.

I don’t mind the fences. Ensuring the new sod comes in really strong. I find more often they don’t keep fences up and new grass gets trashed.

Agree on some of the paths though.

Also, that grass area on the “second step down” should get some courts. Basketball, pickleball, etc. such a good park to have nothing active.
Full-court basketball there makes too much sense, come on!

We are once again paving paradise and putting in a parking lot. 20230915_150903.jpg20230915_150900.jpgThis occured the last 10 days or so. Doubling of.the Snow Valley mini parking lot. They have also.poured a large concrete slab on the west side. Not sure if it's for.a.building or something else. Cannot find any record of this project anywhere on https://building.edmonton.ca

This parking lot expansion is intended to make up for the Snow Valley overflow lot just north of Whitemud drive being used as a laydown area for construction of the improvements being made to Whitemud drive. (Link) Personally, I would have liked to see better access to alternate modes to Snow Valley to reduce parking pressure instead of expanding this lot to make up for the (temporarily) lost lot space, and an on-demand transit stop opened at Snow Valley to provide that option. However, when I voiced this concern to Councillor Janz I believe it was too late for changes to be made to this plan.

1694876142716.png

Thanks for finding that. Yes I agree this is overkill. For winter they could have just used the campground fully for more parking. And in this project no bike racks, no trail down from 119th St down so we still have to walk on the road or on the grass to get down. So frustrating when the planning is all about cars with no thought at other options.

Back