News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Jasper Avenue New Vision / Imagine Jasper Avenue

So, all that shaking that's been going on in my building (the one pictured above), the tenants here have been without water for 24 hours after a water main break.

Checking their site, they listed four separate breaks right beside each other: https://www.epcor.com/outages/water-outages/Pages/current-water-outages-alert.aspx

Good news: I'm outta here in a month. Bad news: I'm moving to Encore, where Valley West will be doing the same thing right outside my building as is going on right now. I have a sneaking suspicion that this might not be the last break before Jasper Ave New Vision is complete. Anyone have any idea on the likelihood on pipes breaking again as construction proceeds?

Messy but progress. Form work for the new concrete pads are going in. Roof sealing is almost complete.

JSV.jpg
JSV2.jpg
JSV3.jpg
JSV4.jpg

^ Now I get what you mean @ronron, those residential floors (yours too) be grooving to the good old' construction vibes for a while now, mini earthquakes, not fun! How are you managing bro? I suggest Tequilla will heal ya on a Friday! 🤯

Did anyone notice that cool reflection of the vent cover from that same pic that's "ghosting" a pedway across the Ave? Maybe foreshadowing the new connections coming for that end of the Ave; Alldritt, Great Gulf, ...the Second Coming? Anyways, nice to see that section of Jasper Ave will be completed soon. Also @Airboy I hadn't realized that the ECC floorplate reached that extensively under the Avenue. Thanks for all the updates.

^ Now I get what you mean @ronron, those residential floors (yours too) be grooving to the good old' construction vibes for a while now, mini earthquakes, not fun! How are you managing bro? I suggest Tequilla will heal ya on a Friday! 🤯

Did anyone notice that cool reflection of the vent cover from that same pic that's "ghosting" a pedway across the Ave? Maybe foreshadowing the new connections coming for that end of the Ave; Alldritt, Great Gulf, ...the Second Coming? Anyways, nice to see that section of Jasper Ave will be completed soon. Also @Airboy I hadn't realized that the ECC floorplate reached that extensively under the Avenue. Thanks for all the updates.

I definitely know when they are smashing some sort of concrete right in front of me, because my whole unit shakes. I'm not sure how much of the vibrations is dampened being up on the 26th floor, but those poor souls near ground level are likely getting the brunt of it 🤣 .

I'm ok with the noise and shaking; what bothers me more is trying to navigate trying to get in and out of the building entrance (bottom left in the pic) and from the parkcade. All is forgiven though, when you are reminded of how nice the area will be once everything is complete 🥳

Its hard to concentrate when they are jack hammering or as today, Hydrovacing.

And Kazian if you get into the ECC, in halls ABC, you can get through to the far north wall. behind the service areas. there are some doors along the north wall. if you can get in to the service shafts you can see all the casons and pressure sensors. when you look up you can see the road bed.

Back