News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

ICE Tower

This is not really a new acquisition, has some other temporary plans in the works, would need rezoning and was told that earlier this year.

Now, things can change, plans evolve, timelines accelerated, but given construction costs, how busy they are with other projects and market fundamentals for both condo and rental concrete high-rise questionable, this seems like it might be a bit dated.
So you're saying "3-5 years," before construction even starts? So a min 8 yrs from now we'lll be looking at final product? If it's rentals, won't it take off faster?

I predict this one will take some time. The are already over committed with their massive Kelowna project, have a couple smaller projects on the go currently in Edmonton and working on starting a project in Calgary.

I am a bit confused about all the different timelines being mentioned here. Are we talking about when more details will be announced, when it will start or when it will be completed?

I predict this one will take some time. The are already over committed with their massive Kelowna project, have a couple smaller projects on the go currently in Edmonton and working on starting a project in Calgary.
Looks like they've also ventured into Ottawa too.

Well, either way, I know they are one company bullish on building in Edmonton so I have some faith in them.

I am a bit confused about all the different timelines being mentioned here. Are we talking about when more details will be announced, when it will start or when it will be completed?

For the most part what you read on here should be taken in the same vein as sports reporting "insiders". Take it with a complete pinch of salt until something is official.

You can sit back and say that this might happen or it might not happen -- let's wait and see. But if you believe in Edmonton and the outcome that reports to the future, then you have to commit -- otherwise what is the point of this website. Do we look for ways to boost Edmonton or do we look for ways to tear down any and all progress? I admit that I get angry when we talk about potential solutions and some know-nothing wanna-be has an opinion ready at hand that glorifies their stance but does not back up their position -- self-agrandisement. Half-measured Economical data that looks myopically at a negative outcome, ignoring 21 other "unknowns" that also have an impact on potential results underscores ignorance. Limited knowledge always leads to puffed up results that actually have no bearing on anything.

For the most part what you read on here should be taken in the same vein as sports reporting "insiders". Take it with a complete pinch of salt until something is official.
Yes, I get that a lot of it is speculation, but it seems unclear here even what is being speculated about.

I hope to see something like PJ Condos in Toronto for this project

pjcondos.jpg

I think it's a great looking building and the best part, it's not just a massive glass obelisk which has become far too common in recent years in my opinion. The use of brick as a primary material is sort of the main thing to take away here. It would nicely come together with the other buildings around it.

I hope to see something like PJ Condos in Toronto for this project

View attachment 524177

I think it's a great looking building and the best part, it's not just a massive glass obelisk which has become far too common in recent years in my opinion. The use of brick as a primary material is sort of the main thing to take away here. It would nicely come together with the other buildings around it.
I can't wait until we get a local architecture program, we might start seeing more fascinating designs like this one!

Back