News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

We headed out for a late breakfast monday afternoon and intended to hit one of the dinners we have already tried, if they were open they all had lineups. So off we headed looking for somewhere else. Well our continual search for a good dinner may have reach the best so far. A small place sandwiched between a liquor store and a barber shop. Unassuming place and very clean. Old school dinner. Country Cookin. On 156st and 109 Ave. A local haunt as the staff know everyone that walks in. My wife had the hollandaise hash and i had a traditional western omelet. The poached egg and hollandaise sauce were great, real sliced up potatoes not the frozen one used. The ham didn't look like sandwich slices but looked to be sliced from a ham. My omelet has to have been the best one I've had in years. It almost looked to be a classic french omelet, big and puffy. The hash browns as I've noted were real sliced potatoes fried on the grill not those frozen deep fried crap you sometimes get. Everything is made fresh in house. Great service and very well priced place is a keeper. It may look like a dive joint driving up but it's a great hidden gem. Only issue is the parking is limited by the enterprise car rental in the same complex. 2 great meals this weekend.

Last edited:
Saturday night and 7pm, hungry but didn't want to cook so looked to see what was available. Picked Zula kitchen and wine bar in the West Block.what a great find. Not outrageously priced either. Drinks,mains and desert came to 120 for the 2 of us. Place was packed right up to 10pm. Service was great as well. And very accessible for our wheelchair.

Also noticed the other 2 restaurants and coffee shop were still open and packed when we left. A good sign.

IMG_2691.jpeg
IMG_2692.jpeg

While it is a new entrant to the market, I did find it a little interesting that Edmonton Global was doing social on a fast food brand coming to Edmonton.

Menus are now available

Purchase a $100 Edmonton Downtown Gift Card for $75 while supplies last. Over 55 participating restaurants.

And check out the dive places, the hidden gems. Country Cookn

Another we found was exceptional good was Rockin Robins on Mayfield rood. One that is a hit and miss, but a hit if they are on that day is The Old Beverly Cafe

Back