News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

The old Northern Chicken space on 124th Street is not staying closed for very long:

https://dicedyeg.com/

Hey there, it's me, Brian Flowers, owner of Table Top Cafe, here to tell you that I am partnering with my friends from Waffle Bird to open a new Board Game Restaurant on 124th street in what was formerly Northern Chicken. The store will be called Diced and we aim to open in March!

-Wow that sure is fast isn't it?

You are correct! I have been poking around various locations in the city looking for a new space for quite some time but I have been especially keen on coming back home to 124th. The store will open with minimal renovations to get the ball rolling but the configuration of the space isn't perfect. The plan is to renovate further in September after we hit our stride.

-Wait. Why Diced? Why not Table Top Cafe?

I do miss the old store but running the two of them with the same name is more tricky than it seems. This new store will feature a much more robust menu featuring craft cocktails, snacks and entrees.

^
Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.20.43 PM.png

My kid got a serving job at one of the restaurants - apparently she was told there was going to be: 1 - high end - 50 seater. 1 - Italian Steakhouse. Website doesn't show the details like it used to. Still on for a end of April opening. Drove by their last week - looked to me more like a end of Sep opening....lol

Had dinner at the downtown Kyoto. There is now an AYCE menu from which I ordered from. I gotta say this is the first time in ages that I left a sushi restaurant completely stuffed! The wait staff were awesome, the food was good and the hot sake left me completely satisfied.

Rob’s Famous Fried Chicken is now open at 8540 Jasper Avenue, brought to you by the folks behind Panini’s.

Did they still end up expanding their Panini's space? Or just the Fried chicken spot right beside it now

Did they still end up expanding their Panini's space? Or just the Fried chicken spot right beside it now
The expansion going on at Panini's was just internal (kitchen) and not seating area. Their focus is on having this location more targeted at delivery/take out. They have a larger unit in Sherwood Park and are in the process of building a new, even larger, location in the West End.

The expansion going on at Panini's was just internal (kitchen) and not seating area. Their focus is on having this location more targeted at delivery/take out. They have a larger unit in Sherwood Park and are in the process of building a new, even larger, location in the West End.
I was waiting for our resident Panini's Expert to chime in on this ;) - thanks for the details!

Back