News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

Curious how they do, hope well. I know a restaurant out there that had to stop doing reservations because so many people didn't show up or let them know they wanted to cancel. People just didn't bother and didn't seem to care.

Robin Hood takes from the rich and gives to the poor... (and encourages the rich and the poor, both, to not honor their reservations). @Greenspace I don't doubt your observation; having been in business in South Edmonton for 5 years, I abandoned reservations for the very same reason -- people do not honor the 24-hour cancel rule -- on the first-come-first-served rule I did just fine; line-ups at the door are a good thing from an owner's perspective. Many restaurants in SoCal take a non-refundable deposit for reservations -- tends to keep customers honest.

Robin Hood takes from the rich and gives to the poor... (and encourages the rich and the poor, both, to not honor their reservations). @Greenspace I don't doubt your observation; having been in business in South Edmonton for 5 years, I abandoned reservations for the very same reason -- people do not honor the 24-hour cancel rule -- on the first-come-first-served rule I did just fine; line-ups at the door are a good thing from an owner's perspective. Many restaurants in SoCal take a non-refundable deposit for reservations -- tends to keep customers honest.
Not just in LA. Higher end restaurants need that deposit to cover staff costs for no shows. Fully refundable with 24 hours notice of reservation time or forfeited. No reason not to do that here.

Highlights:
- BeaverTails on Whyte Ave
- Boba in Station Park
- new mocktail bar
- Jinya in former Hoang Long space on 109 St downtown
- L'OCA in Sherwood Park
- Menya Mori restaurant
- Slap Shot in the former Northern Chicken space on 104 St
- Tiger Sugar in WEM
- Pazzo Pazzo reopening

Received future Meat pricing from Sysco - our supplier. Buy your BEEF for this summer NOW! Canadian beef prices are expected to DOUBLE! US beef not as much. Pork prices - up 40%. We filled our freezer from Costco last week.

1712672731166.png

To be honest, while I enjoyed their burgers, I much preferred them when they were The Local Omnivore -- their menu was just a lot more appealing. I'm excited to see what they have planned next. It sounds like they have something else planned.

Back