News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

To be honest, while I enjoyed their burgers, I much preferred them when they were The Local Omnivore -- their menu was just a lot more appealing. I'm excited to see what they have planned next. It sounds like they have something else planned.
I loved the Omnivore. But the place was not very accessible. so it limited our visits.

It's within walking distance of my home, but it's not exactly a pleasant walk having to cut through light industrial streets. Weird location for sure.

IMG_1843.png

Forgot the old Garneau Pub has been closed for years.....no takers on it yet eh?

I cant imagine what the rent on that place is. Also surprised nobody has really talked about Yarrow closing yet

According to Sharon Yeo's weekly blog that was released last night, apparently Restaurant Yarrow has abruptly closed, and will allegedly not honour or refund any pre-paid reservations made prior to the announcement.

Also JMT Korean is moving from downtown to Whyte Ave.

According to Sharon Yeo's weekly blog that was released last night, apparently Restaurant Yarrow has abruptly closed, and will allegedly not honour or refund any pre-paid reservations made prior to the announcement.

Also JMT Korean is moving from downtown to Whyte Ave.
Insanity. What is really disappointing is things like Yarrow can work in Edmonton, bbut it's closing is just going to give people ammo for saying it can't and won't.

Insanity. What is really disappointing is things like Yarrow can work in Edmonton, bbut it's closing is just going to give people ammo for saying it can't and won't.
Eh, it made it a few years in a real tough hospitality environment. Luckily, there are plenty of people in Edmonton who seemingly want to lose money in the restaurant business... I'm sure we'll see another rendition of the concept in a few years.

Eh, it made it a few years in a real tough hospitality environment. Luckily, there are plenty of people in Edmonton who seemingly want to lose money in the restaurant business... I'm sure we'll see another rendition of the concept in a few years.
I think it will be much sooner than later. I believe Yarrow is an example of some bad execution over bad concept

I had heard Spencer Thompson has not been involved with Yarrow for a while and is consulting now for Hoot Company (Dorinku/DOSC/Japonaise).

I had heard Spencer Thompson has not been involved with Yarrow for a while and is consulting now for Hoot Company (Dorinku/DOSC/Japonaise).
I think Spencer is/was with firefly. The Yarrow chef is Taylor I believe.

I hope somebody follows the concept but makes it more approachable to consumers

Back