News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

General Food & Dining Thread

La Petite Iza tonight for snails, pate, frites, st. Jaques and the juiciest chop I've ever had, all washed down by some du Pape.

Rich, decadent, ambience.

Had dinner at Tasty Tomato tonight. It's been there for about 28 years but this was a first time visit. The restaurant was packed despite the holidays and the Valley Line West LRT construction. The wine is good, the eats are delicious, the tiramisu's the best in town and the staff are awesome. Will be back again soon.

Had dinner at Tasty Tomato tonight. It's been there for about 28 years but this was a first time visit. The restaurant was packed despite the holidays and the Valley Line West LRT construction. The wine is good, the eats are delicious, the tiramisu's the best in town and the staff are awesome. Will be back again soon.
I went there last winter with the better half and we had a wonderful time. Same deal, was surprisingly busy the time we went. This post reminded me that we're going to go again soon.

Had lunch at New Tan Tan. I haven't been there in years when I'd go with co-workers. The place was almost empty except for another table - I was told this is due to the holiday season, although the pandemic and the never-ending LRT construction were other factors. I missed the carts of dim sum being wheeled around so I ordered dim sum off the menu. They were out of BBQ Pork Buns but otherwise the lunch was quite good.

20221230_140055.jpg

Had breakfast at the downtown OEB this morning. It was my first time at this chain but it won't be my last. My Threesome plus OJ and coffee was a bit more expensive than my usual 2 X 2 X 2 at IHOP but it was still delicious. I got there early but by the time I finished the place was packed! I hit it off well with my server, Mackenzie, so I may be back to see her again.

Was in the mood for South Indian cuisine today. I tried Masalaz first - almost 3 years later (i.e. since COVID) it's still takeout only so I'm staying away. I then stopped at Savoys, had a masala dosa and washed it down with a cup of south Indian coffee - so good! Will keep coming back.

Back