News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

ETS Bus and General Transit Improvements

If I remember correctly, this is the service change with the additional 500 hours mandated by council, so you also see significant improvements to off-peak service on cross-town routes 52, 53, 54, 55, and 56.
Saturday midday to 15 minutes from Mill Woods - Leger is all the 56 sees added, besides making the Meadows extension full time.

Is there anywhere we can see the new schedules before Dec 3rd?
Google, Transit55.ca, ETS's trip planner.
This is what ETS's says about it:
The December Service Change maps will be available on December 3, 2023.

Plan your trip early by selecting a date after December 3 on the ETS Trip Planner or Google Maps.

This is pretty bad. This used to never the case.

Google, Transit55.ca, ETS's trip planner.
This is what ETS's says about it:
The December Service Change maps will be available on December 3, 2023.

Plan your trip early by selecting a date after December 3 on the ETS Trip Planner or Google Maps.

This is pretty bad. This used to never the case.
TransSee for schedule in table format.

I see no reason why updated schedules/maps shouldn’t be published & linked to alongside service change announcements, as was the case years ago.

IMG_5332.jpeg

Appreciate that ETS is putting up notices for some new service.

Last edited:
TransSee for schedule in table format.

I see no reason why updated schedules/maps shouldn’t be published & linked to alongside service change announcements, as was the case years ago.

View attachment 522389

Appreciate that ETS is putting up notices for some new service.
years ago we did not have/use the internet in the same way.

Operating & capital budget passed!

Includes funding to redeploy Valley Line Southeast Precursor Buses/Hours (70,000 annual service hours) + 20 growth buses, satellite garage that would add another 50,000 annual service hours.

View attachment 523465

This is good news!

Will this mean creation of new routes? Increased service on existing routes? Anyone know?

Last edited:
Operating & capital budget passed!

Includes funding to redeploy Valley Line Southeast Precursor Buses/Hours (70,000 annual service hours) + 20 growth buses, satellite garage that would add another 50,000 annual service hours.

View attachment 523465
That works out to about a 6% increase in service.
Screenshot_20231129-003141.png

This budget adjustment also funds the unfunded service package for cellular service in the tunnels. I think I recall hearing during the original budget discussions that this would be for ETS use only, and public cell connectivity is contingent on negotiations with private companies, but I could be misremembering or the plan could have changed since then.

This budget adjustment also funds the unfunded service package for cellular service in the tunnels. I think I recall hearing during the original budget discussions that this would be for ETS use only, and public cell connectivity is contingent on negotiations with private companies, but I could be misremembering or the plan could have changed since then.
That is what Toronto did… they sold access, only wind/freedom bought access for a number of years. The big telco’s only signed on recently because of public pressure over safety.

Back