What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
I've always thought 124th st could use a hotel, there's none close but even a small one would give the restaurants and cafes in the area some out of town visitors which would do wonders for those businesses because at the moment they really don't get much traffic other than locals. Plus as a bonus, the area would be a great part of the city to stay in and would leave a positive impression of the city on visitors.

I've always thought 124th st could use a hotel, there's none close but even a small one would give the restaurants and cafes in the area some out of town visitors which would do wonders for those businesses because at the moment they really don't get much traffic other than locals. Plus as a bonus, the area would be a great part of the city to stay in and would leave a positive impression of the city on visitors.
Totally agree. I would recommend friends stay in Oliver if they feel uncomfortable by some of the poverty and drug issues in the CBD. Some options to recommend there would be nice. And the trees/residential vibe are a nice variation too.

But old condos becoming airbnbs is actually a decent solution too. I know Janz wants to get rid of airbnbs, but I think they’re actually more of a help than a hindrance in our downtown/Oliver areas currently.

Vegas odds say that Alldritt Land Speculator Co will keep it that way indefinitely
Well yeah they're too busy making another Wordpress site for their next sprawl neighbourhood

We had one -- in the form of a bed & breakfast where WWI heroes Wop May and Alex Decoteau once lived -- which the Edgar group demolished when they built the McLaren.

I like the idea of 1 or 2 hotels on 124 St. I'm wondering where would be a good location and what hotel brand (local or national).
Plaza 124 would have been a cool spot for a hotel conversion, not to say that the current resi conversion isn't great

How about a couple of hotels near the intersection of Stony Plain Road and 124 St once the Valley Line LRT has been completed?
Or there's some land available on 107 Ave near 122 St for a hotel that can help tie in 124 St with Manchester Square.

Plaza 124 would have been a cool spot for a hotel conversion, not to say that the current resi conversion isn't great
Not to say it would be a bad idea, because it would still be good for the area, but I personally think it's better as a residential conversion, as it will add more regular foot traffic, and I think a couple of hotels north of SPR would have more impact than down by 102 ave.

How about a couple of hotels near the intersection of Stony Plain Road and 124 St once the Valley Line LRT has been completed?
Or there's some land available on 107 Ave near 122 St for a hotel that can help tie in 124 St with Manchester Square.
I believe that 107 Ave would be ideal. To be honest, I'd love to see both corner lots on 124 st/107 ave get buildings. Maybe a couple of hotels, with restaurants in the CRUs below, but having them further east on 107 ave would definitely have the added benefit of connecting with Manchester Square.

Back