Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
This is going to be a pretty massive structure once complete 😮
IMG_0776.jpeg

Seeing this, I wish the last iteration for the 'Edmontonian' tower once proposed for the lot directly north could revive through a different developer.
Personally, I would only want the Edmontonian to be revived if it was to be built on the BMO site. Otherwise it would stick out like a sore thumb and completely ruin the skyline tbh.

It doesn't have to be that height, but, how different would it be compared to the Quarters' 'Aldritt Tower's which everyone was excited about?
I think there are similarities between the 2 based on how much they would stick out. Alldritt makes a bit more sense though as it’s right on Jasper ave and in an area that is more likely to have more high rises pop up in the near future compared to where the Edmontonian was proposed 🤔

Last edited:
Aldritt will build what they have to, but on the symmetry angle you alluded, I prefer it to be much shorter, for the reason that is like Mount Everest or K2 next to a shore line. The only factor it will create is the height wow factor whereas Edmontonian location would be more complementary to Stantec. From my perspective, our future cluster centre will be 101st-104ave. I would agreed that, at presently, it would be awkward but that is due in largely to our anemic core which sure will change in the future.

Does BCM even exist anymore? They sorta disappeared after the Corners and Station Pointe debacles.

For those who don't know, BCM developments was a small developer who focused on stick buildings up until about ten years ago. I'm not going to go into too many details about them as a developer, but it's safe to say they never would have been able to take on a project even 1/5th the scope of the Edmontonian. It was just a dream of theirs.

Does BCM even exist anymore? They sorta disappeared after the Corners and Station Pointe debacles.

For those who don't know, BCM developments was a small developer who focused on stick buildings up until about ten years ago. I'm not going to go into too many details about them as a developer, but it's safe to say they never would have been able to take on a project even 1/5th the scope of the Edmontonian. It was just a dream of theirs.
I actually saw a BCM Developments enclosed trailer a few months ago. No idea if that was still their trailer or what happened to them after Station Pointe went into receivership.

Can somoene confirm is BCM stood/stands for "Better Call Maclab" ?

😝
My building was built by them.

Thank goodness our Board and Management Company accepted the situation and invested aggressively into long term engineering solutions for the building's issues. Issues with our roof, pedway, and heating systems are a lot better now and have been normal for several years, but BCM created a lot of headaches for the first 10 years in the building.

I honestly hope they've closed their doors.

Looks like retail in the tower at the corner but none in the second building … if that is a second building.

Back