Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
When I go by at lunch time, that food seating area is becoming quite busy. The only thing missing are food places.
A missed opportunity 4 years ago. They had it all planned and ready to go. They were moving toward having that space licensed as well. Then a slowdown hit plus covid then the sale of the building.

A missed opportunity 4 years ago. They had it all planned and ready to go. They were moving toward having that space licensed as well. Then a slowdown hit plus covid then the sale of the building.
i'm not sure how much of missed opportunity it was 4 years ago. it probably saved a host of new businesses from going bankrupt over the past 4 years with those spaces being empty either way. it might better be described as a bullet dodged than a missed opportunity...

Talked to a guy putting up some window coverings at the SE corner of Stantec today and he confirmed that Henry Singer is moving into that spot (they have started interior work already). Looks to be the EF-108 space as well as EF-109B. I am unsure if they are taking more space on the ground floor than those two units.

Ice-District-Brochure-Oct-2022-low-res-pdf.png

Talked to a guy putting up some window coverings at the SE corner of Stantec today and he confirmed that Henry Singer is moving into that spot (they have started interior work already). Looks to be the EF-108 space as well as EF-109B. I am unsure if they are taking more space on the ground floor than those two units.

View attachment 449962
Thanks for the update, I went by yesterday and saw some activity in the SE corner, I was wondering about it too. I believe EF 103 - 104 is SE and EF 108- 109B is SW.

Either way, I think it is a good choice with street access/visibility. The SW looks bigger, but the SE would have good access from the lobby.

View attachment 449962
Competition for MDRN Measure in ET and Helm in Encore.

The two 'Future Retail/Restaurant' spaces aren't shown as being available, so I wonder if that means there are already leases in place but the tenants just haven't been announced yet? Interesting because Starbucks was orignally looking at the space beside the former Rexall for a fancy 'Reserve' store...

The two 'Future Retail/Restaurant' spaces aren't shown as being available, so I wonder if that means there are already leases in place but the tenants just haven't been announced yet? Interesting because Starbucks was orignally looking at the space beside the former Rexall for a fancy 'Reserve' store...
If we get a Starbucks reserve there, I am moving to Sky Residences as soon as my lease is up, so I can spend my whole pay check there.

Stantec needs to open a coffee shop so that they can serve the ice skaters, the 9-5 workers and the Rogers Place event attendees. I'm personally rooting for Blenz but I'd be OK with a Tim Hortons!
The ideal one would be another DeVille, which is far superior to Blenz. A Starbucks Reserve is a close second.
If a Tim Hortons opens on Ice District I swear I'll cry out of disbelief.

Back