Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Isn't there a Tim Hortons in Edmonton Tower right next door? on the second floor.

Thanks, forgot about that.
A coffee shop is still needed on the ground floor of Stantec for quick 'n' easy access for skaters, event attendees and the like. Starbucks, Blenz, DeVille - don't matter.

Thanks, forgot about that.
A coffee shop is still needed on the ground floor of Stantec for quick 'n' easy access for skaters, event attendees and the like. Starbucks, Blenz, DeVille - don't matter.
Yup, a third wave shop like a local Transcend, The Colombian, Credo, Iconoclast, etc. would be my dream, but I don't think the lease rates would be conducive to their operations. Deville is a Calgary chain so unsure if they'd pay those rates as well, which leaves the more 'Corporate' coffee places with Starbucks as the clear front-runner in my mind (especially since they've expressed interest in Stantec from the beginning).

5B251226-E0E8-4CEE-99DE-AF025A6822E3.jpeg
8323D008-38E5-4407-A172-3B63CBB9AA0D.jpeg

Yup, a third wave shop like a local Transcend, The Colombian, Credo, Iconoclast, etc. would be my dream, but I don't think the lease rates would be conducive to their operations. Deville is a Calgary chain so unsure if they'd pay those rates as well, which leaves the more 'Corporate' coffee places with Starbucks as the clear front-runner in my mind (especially since they've expressed interest in Stantec from the beginning).
DeVille is a Calgary chain, but they're franchising (the MacEwan store is a franchise) so there's hope.
They also cater a lot to the corporate crowd in Calgary and their Vancouver location, including areas with significantly higher lease rates.

I'd be happy with a Starbucks, in any case, even over Blenz.

It's marketing while they build out their space. Can we really stop worrying about fu*king vinyl on windows...like really.
i think the concern it less about marketing while the space is built out and more about losing the storefront a decade or more after it’s been built out.
2B4CEF25-24E0-4986-A431-16521983DE8D.png

27CCE84C-1F11-44E8-A2CA-BA9F1CB6177C.png

DeVille is a Calgary chain, but they're franchising (the MacEwan store is a franchise) so there's hope.
They also cater a lot to the corporate crowd in Calgary and their Vancouver location, including areas with significantly higher lease rates.

I'd be happy with a Starbucks, in any case, even over Blenz.

I'm not sure what you have against Blenz. I stop by the Jasper Ave/109 St location at least once a week for their excellent coffee and their delicious muffins, which IMO are streets ahead of Starbucks and Second Cup. That location is also fairly packed, therefore I wouldn't be surprised to see another Blenz in the downtown area. I'm also waiting for them to open on Whyte Ave.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you have against Blenz. I stop by the Jasper Ave/109 St location at least once a week for their excellent coffee and their delicious muffins, which IMO are streets ahead of Starbucks and Second Cup. That location is also fairly packed, therefore I wouldn't be surprised to see another Blenz in the downtown area. I'm also waiting for them to open on Whyte Ave.
I have nothing against Blenz, particularly. It's just a matter of personal preference, to be honest. I'm a tea guy and SB and DeVille have better iced teas than Blenz, so there's that. Their muffins are indeed very good, though.

It would be a great addition, regardless of my preference.

A little bit of a pet peeve I have is that they're from Vancouver, and I'm usually against everything Vancouver 😂😂😂

Back