Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I would love for there to be a Starbucks Reserve shop in Ice District. Whatever your opinions are of Starbucks (I'm a Starbucks fanboy for the record) their reserve shops are top notch and a fun experience for coffee aficionados plus they help draw a night crowd with an array of coffee and alcohol options. Take a look at some of their locations in North America and they really are nice looking stores that would definitely help draw people on non game days.

Deville just opened shop in Macewan so I wouldn't count them as a serious contender if there were to be a coffee chain looking to open up here.

I would love for there to be a Starbucks Reserve shop in Ice District. Whatever your opinions are of Starbucks (I'm a Starbucks fanboy for the record) their reserve shops are top notch and a fun experience for coffee aficionados plus they help draw a night crowd with an array of coffee and alcohol options. Take a look at some of their locations in North America and they really are nice looking stores that would definitely help draw people on non game days.

Deville just opened shop in Macewan so I wouldn't count them as a serious contender if there were to be a coffee chain looking to open up here.
I am so so on Starbucks, but I like where you are going here. Ice District should have something a bit above and beyond the regular coffee outlet. This sounds like it could fit that.

Are there any 'Reserve' stores in Canada? I can't think of any.
There's one in Toronto (North York Don Mills) and I believe there is one in Vancouver as well.

There used to be one in Ottawa, which I visited, however it closed down during the pandemic. That one was weird in that is was very small and seemingly didn't fit with what they were trying to go for with other typical reserve stores. It was quite award and out of place so I wasn't surprised to see it close. Still, it was cool trying some of the options they had.

Oh, I'm a Starbucks fanboy too, and out of all the options we listed, a Reserve store would probably be my favourite, on top of being one hell of a signal of success for the area, considering how prestigious the brand is.

As for DeVille, they're franchising units, unlike some of the other chains that are corporate controlled, so if someone really wanted, they could very well open up shop there. I do know that the owners of the MacEwan store want to open more franchises in the city (and particularly, downtown) so I wouldn't count them out, albeit I think that an Ice District store could be a tough ask from them (and if in one of the CRUs we're discussing, would be the chain's largest store)

I'm not that familiar with DeVille, but from the discussion it sounds like Ice District would be a big step up for them. However, if it is to be something smaller and unique I would prefer something truly local, not from elsewhere, although maybe some might consider Calgary localish.

I'm not that familiar with DeVille, but from the discussion it sounds like Ice District would be a big step up for them. However, if it is to be something smaller and unique I would prefer something truly local, not from elsewhere, although maybe some might consider Calgary localish.
Ice District would be a major step up in terms of size, but not target demographic. They cater a lot to corporate employees in both Calgary and Vancouver, albeit with smaller stores (but a fairly large amount of these, in Calgary's downtown). A big store in the Ice District Plaza would probably be too much for them, but a smaller store in or around other places in the area would definitely be a great fit.

That was actually the original plan in 2019, however once the pandemic hit they withdrew imminent plans but maintained their interest in a unit within Stantec (I believe the space beside the former Rexall). There are not many Reserve stores in general now so if Sbux does open in Stantec, I highly doubt it will be a Reserve.

Back