News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Found out he was traded, got on a flight, had a meal and a nap, barely met his new teammates, and went out and still played some incredible hockey. Ekholm looked so good in the back end. The rest of the D looked much more comfortable, Nurse in particular. Really fun game. This final stretch of the season should be exciting, especially with the eventual return of Kane.

Heckuva freakin' game.

If I'm Woody, he's going straight to the showers after that one. It was beer league stuff
if i’m woodcroft, i would have let skinner bask in the victory over boston a bit longer and given campbell a chance to shut the door on his old team and get back on track.

and if i was management, every player contract would ban this team from reading media plaudits about how they’ve finally turned the corner with how well they’re playing and how they are now legitimate stanley cup contenders.

it seems every time they pay attention to the media - or the next round of the boys on the bus legacy (it was after all 36 years ago) - they fall flat on their faces. stanley cups aren’t given to the most talented players, they’re earned by the hardest working teams.

but i’m neither coach nor management so I’ll just continue to watch every game hoping for the best, wondering which oilers team i’ll get to watch each period, and trusting woodcraft and management know their jobs better than i do.

They were up 3-1 and I was wondering how was this possible? They could not get the puck out of their own end and the Leafs goalie let in 3 goals on 9 shots. The game was lost long before the egregious give aways in the second period they were just a manifestation of their total frustration.

Should have played Soup - he would have played his ass off in front of that crowd....team would have followed.

Back