News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

A W is a W, but I don't quite get the Oilers dynamic at the moment.

Sloppy D zone, decent off-man chances with incredibly poor execution and a very fortunate double minor to save the day (not the first time).

A W is a W, but I don't quite get the Oilers dynamic at the moment.

Sloppy D zone, decent off-man chances with incredibly poor execution and a very fortunate double minor to save the day (not the first time).

I have to think this is an unsettling time for the team dynamics with different trade rumors going on the past couple of weeks - not knowing who may be leaving. It's a tight squad I think so wouldn't be surprised if that's a factor.

I didn't get to see this game except for the last few minutes. Are the Oilers playing 7 d-men when Desharnais is playing or who is sitting out?

They play 7 d-men.

As for the team dynamics, there is that flu bug that hit the team hard, hence the loser point streak, but it looks like they're now recovering.

Regardless, that better have been our prerequisite, pre-playoff, pre-give-a-shit slump.

I was in a board meeting for the first 50 and found it difficult taking minutes due to number of text messages coming in.

But, and to your point, we gave up the first shot/goal and Ceci checked out for their last goal.

Cup winning teams don't do that.

Oilers win 7-2 against the Pens. Nothing there to complain about (looking at you, @IanO ).
Did you really think that was ever gonna happen? 😂

But overall, great game. I like how much depth scoring we're having. And I certainly feel more confident with Stu minding the net, as much as Campbell has improved over his early season (which is a very, very low bar).

There are nine Western Conference teams separated by eight points in the standings. Mind you, the first place team in the West would be 7th in the Eastern Conference.

Zero support for Campbell meant 4/14.

Skinner in with a big save.

Down 4-0, now 4-4.

McDavid with a rocket and WANTS MORE.

Not enough coffee early on, horrific D-zone all game and not enough clutch saves.

But 4pts (2 + 2) for McD.

'Any time McDavid utters the word embarrassing when talking about a game in which he scored four points, you take note. Postgame Saturday, he said it was an embarrassing start. He also said it was an embarrassing finish. It’s few words. But it’s also powerful words too.'

'If that doesn’t reach the desk of Oilers’ GM Ken Holland, then perhaps we need to be having a different discussion about who should be leading the Oilers. For now though, the goaltending was not good enough. The defense was not good enough. When those elements can neutralize two of the best players in the world, it says everything we need to know about the team. They need help.'

Back