News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

You ALWAYS bet against Purdue getting anywhere.

That's no fluke.
conference champions 25 times
ncaa appearances: 32 times
round of 32: 26 times
sweet 16: 13 times
either 8: 5 times
final 4: 2 times
runner up: 1

for perspective, there are more than 350 ncaa division 1 teams. i’d say their overall record in that pool is none to shabby. .

Yeah it’s a joke of a poll. Over on Sportsnet they’re destroying this…..especially the “shoe game.” As in who wears shoes the best? What are they smoking over there?

A decent game overall, but horrific D-zone play and some of the most blatant defensive mistakes of the year.

Why was 91 trying to play D and 14 chasing the puck to the top of the blue line?

We will be lucky to get out of round 1.

I thought the team was at fault for their time management during OT. Kane, Nuge and Ekholm stayed on the ice for too long a time whereas McDavid, Draisaitl and Nurse were on the ice for too short a time.

I thought the team was at fault for their time management during OT. Kane, Nuge and Ekholm stayed on the ice for too long a time whereas McDavid, Draisaitl and Nurse were on the ice for too short a time.

They couldn't get off the ice. Vegas never gave up control in the offensive zone and kept the Oilers trio out there without opportunity to change. Well played by Vegas.

Sneaked out a 5-4 win over Arizona to help give us some room, but man we play down.

That said, nice to see more folks contributing and others playing harder.

For what it’s worth: the Oil are 20-5-6 in their last 31 games. Lotta ugly wins in their (including last night and the few games before), but hard to argue with those results.

For what it’s worth: the Oil are 20-5-6 in their last 31 games. Lotta ugly wins in their (including last night and the few games before), but hard to argue with those results.
Good point, but over that stretch they have really been playing down to the level of teams lower in the standings, which doesn't bode well for the playoffs if they keep that up.

Back