News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Another win by the Oil! We responded very well when the Flyers put a bunch of pressure on us at 2-3 points in the game and could have led to a very different result.

Skinner looked sharp once again with a .947 tonight on 37 and 2-3 game-savers.

97 with 5 pts
93 with 3
18 with 3

BUT more importantly 73 and 5 contributed!

Our PP continues to lack the deadly touch though.

Only 6 back of L.A. with two games in hand and 1 pt out of the wildcard.

Oh, right, this.
GC4wleEWoAAm3YI

Oh, right, this.
GC4wleEWoAAm3YI

Only one player scored more points than Stastny in the 80s, and that was Gretzky of course.

But what a line - Peter Stastny-Anton Stastny-Marian Stastny (Czechoslovakia)

Before Marian joined the Nordiques, there was one game where both Stastny brothers had 8 points in the same game.

They were fun to watch.

Very hopeful the oilers will make the playoffs now. Which makes me very happy for all our downtown businesses. A spring without playoffs I’d imagine is tens of thousands in lost profits for restaurants.

In the 2nd wildcard spot right now, but tied in points with STL and SEA, (tie-breaker is regulation wins if I'm not mistaken). Next target is NSH with a 4 point lead in the 1st wild card, but also having played 4 more games. None of the other teams they're chasing or close with are wagons like the Oilers, who have been the best team in the league since American Thanksgiving and are leading the league or close to the top in terms of analytics in pretty much every category except goaltending. Vegas has been playing .500 hockey since their hot start and are very beatable right now, Vancouver despite being at the top of the division is also relying on a ridiculously high shooting percentage and save percentage from Demko. They're definitely a good team don't get me wrong but I would expect significant regression in the 2nd half. A top 3 spot is definitely not out of the question, only 5 points behind LA (who's in 3rd) with over half the season left to play.

Holy crap we barely hung on to that one. Chicago played hard, clogged things up and made it very hard for us.

Terrible game by most of the Oilers tonight, Hyman could have had 2 or 3, but a W is a W and that's 8, yes EIGHT in a row!

Skinner was our saviour again and edging closer to pretty decent stats.

Detroit will be a fun test.

Last edited:
Holy crap we barely hung on to that one. Chicago played hard, clogged things up and made it very hard for us.

Terrible game by most of the Oilers tonight, Hyman could have had 2 or 3, but a W is a W and that's 8, yes EIGHT in a row!

Skinner was our saviour again and edging closer to pretty decent stats.

Detroit will be a fun test.

Western Conderence has some hot teams along with the Oilers.

In the last 10 games, the Jets have an even better record at 9-0-1 and the Canucks moved into top spot in league tonight after easy back to back wins against two good NY teams. The Canucks are an impressive +53 and are beating good teams by 3 or more goals a lot of nights. And finally, Seattle is 8-0-2 in its last 10. They've turned around their season, too.

Oil still moving up and now only 4 points back of LA.

Indeed. Great to see the Jets and Nuks seeing such success and bodes well statistically for the cup coming back to Canada this year given Edmonton and Toronto as well.

Back