News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Won't it be more like an away game with all the Leaves fans? :D

Are the Leaves really that great lately? I think they have their own problems.

Won't it be more like an away game with all the Leaves fans? :D

Are the Leaves really that great lately? I think they have their own problems.
They haven't been the best, indeed, but we haven't either, over the past 3 games, even with the wins. That 2-1 vs Chicago was dangerous and winning on OT vs Montreal was concerning.

We are finding ways to win when we're losing. And it's not all about the PP anymore. I think it will be a fun game, always is, but we're firing on all cylinders.
I still think it's winnable, and I agree that we're a much more solid and consistent team now, with tools other than the PP and all. That's why I am excited, but I am apprehensive as well. The core 4 of the Leafs has some of the best players in the league and, just like us, or Colorado, if they wake up possessed by a strange force, they're a force to be reckoned with.

The Leaves are a soft, non-aggressive, meandering, loafing type of team….terrible goaltending now and they will be easy pickings…..easiest win of the year for us will be had on Tuesday night

They're 3rd in their division and ahead of the Oilers, don't make the mistake of thinking the Leafs are a push over. They have (a bit like the Oilers) been extremely inconsistent this season. But when they're playing their best they're one of the deadliest teams in the league, headlined by the league's best goal scorer (sorry Draisaitl, Pastrnak, McDavid, but it's just a fact). They do have a lot of injuries in net but I'd be very concerned about going up against one of the best top 6's in the league and solid depth as well. The Oilers are playing better hockey right now (obviously being on a 10 game win streak), but if you think this is an easy team that will be easily taken to the cleaners and blown out, you're wrong.

I agree, it will be tighter checking than many may think. Both teams will be keen on limiting the chances of the other's superstars.

That's 11 baby!

After pretty terrible hockey for the first 10 minutes, things shaped up, we controlled and what a fun game to be at. The crowd was as it was expected to be and the hurt on the Leafs fans faces going up 3-2 was worth all the marbles.

Skinner looked very strong and incredibly composed.

Last edited:

Back