News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Oilers have one of the easier schedules among top teams in the conference so there's a decent chance to finish first which could very well mean a first round match up with the Flames who have a much easier schedule than the Jets for the last wildcard spot.

Oilers have one of the easier schedules among top teams in the conference so there's a decent chance to finish first which could very well mean a first round match up with the Flames who have a much easier schedule than the Jets for the last wildcard spot.
That's a misconception....everyone keeps saying that the Red Miles have an easy schedule.........nothing comes easy for that lame group......with the lamers of Hoobie Doo and MarkSieve......they are destined for future failure....

i have quite literally never seen the Oil win like this in my lifetime. Wow!!

Haven't done one of these in a while but I have to for tonight. The Edmonton Oilers have been playing great hockey for a while now and especially over the last month. Mattias Ekholm is looking like the best deadline acquisition in the entire league and we are 13-2-1 in our last 16. Pretty much every player on the team is playing well at the moment and we look great heading into the playoffs.

The playoffs we clinched a spot for with the victory tonight, our 4th time in a row. Leon Draisaitl has been dominating the Ducks since the 2017 playoffs and tonight was no different, with a hat trick he reaches 50 for the 3rd time in his career. McDavid also pots a goal and now has 62 (insane!) on the season but most importantly Jack Campbell, who has had an absolutely brutal season, records his first shutout as an Oiler stopping 36/36. Even more impressively its our 2nd shutout in a row after going 75 games without recording one. For me this is easily the best Oilers team I've ever watched to the point where I am actually gaining confidence on their ability to make a deep run. Next game is a huge one against the LA Kings on Tuesday, they are currently 1 pt back of us with a game in hand as the Western Conference is still in a deep battle for position.

Plays of the game:

best quote out there for oilers’ fans - and possibly the scariest for the rest of the league - is probably this one from before yesterday’s win:

“We’re working to where we want to be,” said Oilers head coach Jay Woodcroft after the morning skate. “I would like to see our team play to our full potential and I don’t think we’re there yet. There has to be a level of consistency.”

last night’s win is a pretty good indication of what can happen when that happens…

kudos to woodcroft for how he coaches the team, kudos to holland for assembling those pieces, kudos to the players for listening and playing as a team, and kudos to the all for keeping those media prognostications out of the dressing room.

WE WANT THE CUP!

Oilers 2023.jpg

Back