7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton music concerts

All they're missing are The Headpins, Chilliwack, Trooper and Kim Mitchell

FrqjsajXgAgSaBc

C'mon -- music is music -- if you don't like it then turn the dial -- there isn't or shouldn't be exhibitions of ageism here -- the Beatles are still the best band ever and John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell are the best songwriters ever.

C'mon -- music is music -- if you don't like it then turn the dial -- there isn't or shouldn't be exhibitions of ageism here -- the Beatles are still the best band ever and John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Leonard Cohen, Bob Dylan and Joni Mitchell are the best songwriters ever.
In your opinion sure, but I definitely don't agree. That's the nice thing about music, it's all based on personal tastes.

I agree with you @Avenuer with music being a personal taste and choice. (on a side note -- I would like to know the name of this mysterious band that is better than the Beatles)

Edmonton is becoming a rarity among North American music talent -- it is promoting talent like no other that I have been monitoring -- it is following a similar path to Austin, TX -- this should be heralded in all corners -- excellent work @Gronk! once again; you should be gaining a following for your thread sewing.

Yeah, no.

Not taking away anything from Edmonton, but the overall live music scene, capacity, support and development is pretty lacklustre relative to places like MTL, Austin, Nashville, Toronto, Atlanta, hell, even Halifax.

This is not from me, but rather those in the industry that I know.

^^^^ I am knee deep in the music scene in Los Angeles with A-lister bands and with both regional and national/international label connections -- and I have been for many years -- it is the main reason I ended up in SoCal in the first place. Edmonton is often discussed in L.A.on promotion levels and international tours. The City has a very vibrant music scene and that is well understood by people "in the know". Austin and Nashville are both vibrant portals in the music scene as is New York City; Montreal, Toronto, Atlanta and (chuckle, chuckle) Halifax -- not so much. Edmonton is rapidly moving up the charts (so to speak). This is a debate you most certainly will lose.

Back