News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Edmonton music concerts

Arcade Fire had pretty decent attendence, all things considered.
PXL_20221128_053205596.jpg

...plus the costs of post concert visits to the Otolaryngologist and the subsequent prescription for hearing aids.

Love this music festival (and its predecessor) so damn much.

I still recall pitches to enhance it such as:

1. dogsled taxis (serious)
2. coloured lanterns to link all events/locations
3. fire barrels outside of venues to signify where they are

Go.Watch/Listen.To.Live.Music.

More awareness, more people getting out of their homes and away from streaming and more reasons to do so ie. paired with food, drink, company.

I'm finding Edmonton is getting skipped more and more on the major concert scene. Northlands definitely did a good job attracting top acts.

I'm finding Edmonton is getting skipped more and more on the major concert scene. Northlands definitely did a good job attracting top acts.
Don't think this is true - there are still many bands that only do two Canadian shows, however, usually Toronto and Vancouver or Toronto and Montreal. We still attract our fair share of major shows (i.e. 2023: Shania, Thomas Rhett, Blink 182, Rod Stewart, Disturbed, Luke Combs, and Metallica (2024)).

Not even close to being true….pandemic came and shut down the concert scene world wide . Northlands had ZERO to do with attracting concerts…….

What’s up with the Edmonton Convention Centre (lord I hate that name, why is it so similar to the Expo?) and struggling to book concerts lately? It’s a great medium sized venues for acts that are big but not Rogers Place big, esp for EDM, metal, etc. Usually so much cheaper for tix than Rogers also.

Back